Chat allows hosts and participants to communicate in a live session without interrupting the presentation. Messages can be sent to all participants or selected individuals.
The host grants permission through their account settings, or on a per meeting basis while in the live meeting selecting who can be sent chat messages.
Log into your account at https://www.conferzoom.org/.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on the Meeting tab.
- Select In Meeting (Basic) to get to the chat section.
- Enable the Meeting Chat option.
- Select default options to apply to all meetings from the drop-down menu. Options can be changed on a per meeting basis during a live meeting.
- Manually saved chat is stored on the local computer. When hosting a meeting, Chat will automatically be saved if the Recording setting for Save chat messages from the meeting is enabled.
- The option Only users in your account can chat restricts chat to users with a TechConnect Zoom account.
Additional chat settings:
Change Chat Options in a Live Meeting
- Click the Chat icon located on the bottom toolbar to open the chat window. If the Chat icon is not visible, click on More... on the tool bar.
- Click the three dots, then choose the option.
Send Meeting Chat Messages
1. Choose who to send messages to from the drop-down menu, individual names will appear as
participants join the meeting.
2. Send messages to the Waiting Room from the Participant list.
For complete information on saving and locating chat files, see Zoom's article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004792763-Saving-in-meeting-chat.
Article is closed for comments.