TechConnect Zoom is a great service for a variety of meeting types including videoconferences and Webinars but is not intended to be a long-term storage solution for your meeting recordings.
However, CCC TechConnect offers another service, TechConnect Cloud which is designed to store all of your created media content including TechConnect Zoom (formerly known as ConferZoom) recordings and caption files.
This document teaches you how to find your Zoom Meetings recorded to the cloud or directly to your computer, as well as how to download your files, and finally, how to upload these files from your local hard drive to your TechConnect Cloud Account.
Accessing Your Zoom Recordings
- Sign into your account on the TechConnect Zoom Website Portal.
- The Zoom Portal opens (See Figure 1).
- Use the dashboard on the left to select <Recordings> (1) under the PERSONAL heading.
Figure 1-Zoom Portal Recordings Tab
Downloading Your Zoom Content from the Cloud (See Figure 2)
- Select the <Cloud Recordings> (1) tab if that window is not already open.
- Select the <More> (2) button to the right of the Recording you wish to download and select Download (3 files) (3) (number of files may vary).
Figure 2-Zoom Portal-Recording Tab-Cloud Recordings Tab
- Note: The download process will be slightly different for each browser. The instructions below are for Firefox.
- The File Download Dialogue Box for each file will open (not necessarily in the order seen below) after the download process completes for each file. Write down each file name so that you can rename them later.
- Note: The files are not saved on your computer at this point. Please follow the directions below to complete the Save process for each file to your computer.
- You may select <Cancel> (1) when the Save M4a (Audio) As Download Dialogue Box opens since we WILL NOT Save the M4a (audio only) file since it is not necessary to upload this file to your TechConnect Cloud account (See Figure 3).
Figure 3-M4a Audio File Download Window
- In order to complete the Save process to your computer, select <Save File> (1) and select <OK> (2) when the Save MP4 (video)Download Dialogue Box As Opens (See Figure 4)
Figure 4- M4 Video File Download Window
- In order to complete the Save process to your computer, select <Save File> (1) and select <OK> (2) when the Save VTT (Caption) Download Dialogue Box As opens (See Figure 5).
Figure 5-VTT Caption File Download Window
- Navigate to the folder or area where you saved your files (most likely your Downloads folder).
- Use the list of file names you wrote down, locate them in their saved folder, and Rename them.
Find Zoom Meetings Recorded Directly to Your Computer (See Figure 6)
- Select <Recordings> (1).
- Select the <Local Recordings> (2) tab in the Zoom portal.
Note: The Local recording tab in the portal will only display the local recordings if the user is on the same computer that was used when creating the recording.
- Find your Zoom Meeting recording (3).
- See the Location (4) column on the right to find the location of your meeting files.
Figure 6-Zoom Portal-Recording Tab-Local Recordings Tab
Now, you will transfer your TechConnect Zoom Meetings from your computer to your TechConnect Cloud Account using any of the links listed below as needed.
Registering for a TechConnect Cloud (3C Media) Account
Select Register for a TechConnect Cloud Account and fill-in the indicated fields.
Accessing Your TechConnect Cloud (3C Media) Account
I Registered for a TechConnect Cloud (3C Media) Account—Why Can’t I upload My Videos?
Do You Need Help Uploading Your Recorded Zoom Meeting to My TechConnect Cloud (3C Media) Account?