Firefox and Chrome settings may affect access to Canvas Zoom classes and recordings. Browsers are increasing security settings which may prevent the Zoom integration in Canvas from validating user data when launching a Zoom session in Canvas, resulting in an error that the session has expired, content failed to load or gray boxes. Safari errors include cookies are blocked or not supported, Safari can't open the page because the server can't be found.
Browser privacy settings can be updated while maintaining browser security settings. Please note, TechConnect does not support browser issues, but we are providing these guidelines to help resolve the issues. Remember that browser and operating system versions vary, and settings options may be in locations other than described below.
- Copy and paste about:preferences#privacy into your Firefox browser.
- Select Custom.
- Uncheck the box next to Cookies.
- Scroll down to Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data.
- Keep check mark next to Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web Content and click on Clear.
- Click Clear Now in the next confirmation popup window.
- Exit Firefox browser and open Firefox again.
- Log into Canvas/TechConnect Zoom to launch a test meeting to confirm connection is made.
- Log into Canvas.
- Navigate to Zoom in a Canvas course (where the issue is occurring)
- A new tab may automatically open with the Zoom content. If this happens navigate back to the Canvas page where the Zoom content failed to load.
- Click the Lock Icon located at the left the URL address.
- Click Cookies near bottom of small menu that appears.
- Click on the Blocked tab.
- Locate and click on applications.zoom.us.
- Click Allow.
- Click Done.
- Reload the page if needed.
- Clear cookies in Safari, close the browser then launch Safari again.
- On the top left Safari menu, choose Preferences then Privacy.
- Uncheck Website tracking and Block all cookies.
- Check Allow privacy-preserving measurement of add effectiveness.
If you still see an error after making the changes above, send us a ticket at firstname.lastname@example.org.