Firefox and Chrome settings may affect access to Canvas Zoom classes and recordings. Browsers are increasing security settings which may prevent the Zoom integration in Canvas from validating user data when launching a Zoom session in Canvas, resulting in an error that the session has expired, content failed to load, or gray boxes. For Firefox and Chrome, users can allow exceptions to allow third-party cookies from Zoom while maintaining their browser security settings. Safari does not allow users to allow exceptions.
The following steps should resolve the issue.
- Copy and paste about:preferences#privacy into your Firefox browser
- Select Custom
- Uncheck the box next to Cookies
- Scroll down to Cookies and Site Data
- Click on Clear Data
- Keep check mark next to Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web Content and click on Clear
- Click Clear Now in the next confirmation popup window
- Exit Firefox browser and open Firefox again
- Log into Canvas/TechConnect Zoom to launch a test meeting to confirm connection is made
- Log into Canvas
- Navigate to Zoom in a Canvas course (where the issue is occurring)
- A new tab may automatically open with the Zoom content. If this happens navigate back to the Canvas page where the Zoom content failed to load.
- Click the Lock Icon located at the left the URL address
- Click Cookies near bottom of small menu that appears
- Click on the Blocked tab
- Locate and click on applications.zoom.us
- Click Allow
- Click Done
- Reload the page if needed
If you still see an error after making the changes above, send us a ticket at firstname.lastname@example.org.