Student Connect is the 'Appointment Booking' option for office hours, tutoring, counseling, and other private meeting options. Instructors and staff offer slots for designated periods. Each slot appears and allows a student to reserve a one-on-one time slot.
- Student Connect is a Canvas application available to all Zoom districts. Student Connect is also available as a stand-alone app for those not using Canvas such as Counseling or Health Services.
- Students or instructors can book one-on-one appointments.
- Only instructors or staff can see the students’ reserved appointments; students cannot see anyone else's appointments.
- Student View does not appear in Student Connect Appointment Booking.
Sync your account
The first time opening Student Connect, the instructor must sync their account with Zoom.
- Click on Account Settings in the top right of the page
- Click on Conferencing Accounts in the left navigation menu within the app. Wait on the page for a few seconds for the sync to occur. If you get a green checkmark, your account successfully synced with Zoom. Do not click on 'Reassociate my account'.
If there is no green check, the account is not in sync; your Zoom account email and Canvas account email must match; if they do not, an error will appear. Take a screen capture of the error and contact your support team to resolve the issue.
Student Connect Menu Options
Appointment Booking is the default page and is where you will schedule your available appointment block. Clicking on the 'Offer Slots' blue button will open a form in the left panel for you to select specific dates and times available for students to choose from. Detailed instructions are found in the Canvas - Student Connect - Instructor - Offer and Manage Appointments article.
User List includes the names of the students, instructors, teacher’s assistants, and others available in the Course. Important note: All those associated with the Course would need to click on Student Connect in their Canvas account in order for their names to populate and become visible in the instructor's User List dropdown.
Notes provides instructors an area for notes about students. Click on the 'Add note regarding student' dropdown to choose the student and create a new note. Clicking on the number under the 'Amount of Notes' column opens a window where you can see all notes for that student.
Click on the number in the ID column to read or edit the note (see below screenshot). You may also delete the note with the eraser icon to the right of the note. You can also create a new note for this particular student.