WHAT TO EXPECT AND WHY THIS CHANGE IS TAKING PLACE
TechConnect Zoom is focused on providing our colleges with the best service and support to all users.
As part of our ongoing efforts, we will be optimizing the network for better performance which requires migrating all users to District Zoom account. The timeline for migration is after the Summer 2022 semester and before the Fall 2022 semester.
- Accounts will transparently move on the date selected by your district or college.
- Your scheduled meetings and recordings will follow your account. We recommend faculty
not schedule meetings through ConferZoom beyond the migration date.
- Your District will provide more details for preparing you for the change.
- Staff will continue to use Zoom as they do today.
- Faculty will move to the new 'TechConnect Zoom' integration tool in Canvas – intuitive, easy to transition, and flexible tool for scheduling and hosting classes through Canvas. The new 'Student Connect' tool will replace Appointment Booking.
TechConnect will continue to support the Zoom product for all colleges in the system.
BEFORE THE MIGRATION DATE
All staff, administrators, and faculty who wish to retain meeting attendance records must download the data prior to the migration date; this data will not follow your account. These guides will take you through the steps.
Generate Attendance Reports from Your Zoom Account Before Migration Date
Generate Attendance Reports from ConferZoom in Canvas Before the Migration Date
Activate ConferZoom Meetings in Canvas, Import to TechConnect Zoom in Canvas
AFTER THE MIGRATION DATE
Staff and administrators will continue to sign in and use Zoom with no changes. We recommend signing out of all instances of Zoom on the migration date, then sign back in the following day.
Faculty will begin using the new TechConnect Zoom integration tool in Canvas. Review these guides in advance to learn more about using the tools.
The New TechConnect Zoom Tool in Canvas – Instructor and Student Guides
Questions are welcomed, contact support at email@example.com.