Chat allows hosts and participants to communicate in a live session without interrupting the presentation. Messages can be sent to all participants or selected individuals.
The host grants permission through their account settings, or on a per meeting basis while in the live meeting selecting who can be sent chat messages.
Log into your account at https://www.conferzoom.org/.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on the Meeting tab.
- Select In Meeting (Basic) to get to the chat section.
- Enable the Chat option.
- Select default options from the drop-down menu if you want to change option. Option applies to all meetings; options can be changed on a per meeting basis when in a live meeting.
- Check option Allow users to save chats from the meeting if allowing meeting chat to be saved.
- Select default options from the drop-down menu which applies to all meetings; options can be changed on a per meeting basis when in a live meeting.
Host and co-hosts: Only the host and co-hosts can save the chat transcript. This option requires
client version 5.7.3 or later.
Everyone: Allows anyone in the meeting to save chats, including external users.
Only users in your account: Prevents external users from saving meeting chats. This option
requires client version 5.11.3 or later.
Change Chat Options in a Live Meeting
- Click the Chat icon located on the bottom toolbar to open the chat window. If the Chat icon is not visible, click on More... on the tool bar.
- Default settings can be changed on a per meeting basis. Click the three dots, then choose the option.
Send Meeting Chat Messages
1. Choose who to send messages to from the drop-down menu, individual names will appear as
participants join the meeting.
2. Messages to the Waiting Room can also be sent from Particpants list.
In-meeting chats can be saved locally to your computer or the Zoom Cloud.
Save Chat to the Computer
Enable Auto saving chats in your account Settings >Meeting > In Meeting (Basic) to automatically save a copy of meeting or webinar chat to the local computer. Chat will include all public messages and private messages that include you.
Save Chat to the Cloud
Meeting chat can be included in your recorded meeting. Enable in your account Settings> Recording > Cloud recording > Save chat messages from the meeting / webinar. When hosting a Webinar save panelist chat Advanced cloud recordings settings > Save panelist chat to the recording
For complete information on saving and locating chat files, see Zoom's article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004792763-Saving-in-meeting-chat.