Chat allows hosts and participants to communicate in a live session without interrupting the presentation. Messages can be sent to all participants or selected individuals.
The host grants permission through their account settings, or on a per meeting basis while in the live meeting selecting who can be sent chat messages.
Log into your account at https://www.conferzoom.org/.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on the Meeting tab.
- Select In Meeting (Basic) to get to the chat section.
- Enable the Meeting Chat option.
- Select default options from the drop-down menu if you want to change option. Option applies to all meetings; options can be changed on a per meeting basis when in a live meeting.
- Check option Allow users to save chats from the meeting if allowing meeting chat to be saved.
Note: Setting for Only users in your account can chat will limit chat to users who have TechConnect Zoom accounts.
Additional chat settings include enabling the 'new meeting chat experience' which includes formatting options for chat; allowing direct messages between participants; auto-saving chat; and enabling webinar chat.
Change Chat Options in a Live Meeting
- Click the Chat icon located on the bottom toolbar to open the chat window. If the Chat icon is not visible, click on More... on the tool bar.
- Click the three dots, then choose the option.
Send Meeting Chat Messages
1. Choose who to send messages to from the drop-down menu, individual names will appear as
participants join the meeting.
2. Messages to the Waiting Room can also be sent from Participant list.
For complete information on saving and locating chat files, see Zoom's article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004792763-Saving-in-meeting-chat.