Instructions for scheduling and starting meetings from either the web portal or the desktop client are below. Most scheduler settings are synced from the settings listed in the web portal's settings page, however, some can be adjusted per meeting, and even once the host has started meeting.
For reference, this Zoom article compares the functionality between using the desktop client, mobile app, web client, and PWA Desktop client, mobile app, web client, and PWA comparison – Zoom Support
Note: Some settings may not be available to users based on account level permissions, your role, and permissions set by TechConnect Support or your district.
To schedule a meeting go to the web portal https://www.conferzoom.org and sign into your account.
- Click on Meetings in the left navigation menu.
- Click on Schedule a Meeting on the right.
- Add a topic; description is optional. Click the + Description link underneath the topic if you do not see the Description field.
- Choose a date, time and duration.
- If you enable Recurring, additional options will appear.
- If you enable Registration, additional registration options appear after saving the meeting.
- Choose to either create a new meeting ID (Generate Automatically) or use your Personal Meeting ID.
- If you have a meeting template saved, select the template.
- Select the meeting options such as Security, Video, Audio, and more.
- Next to Options click on Show to apply additional settings such as:
- Allow participants to join anytime
- Mute participants upon entry
- Breakout Room pre-assign
- Request permission to unmute participants
- Automatically record meeting in the cloud or on local computer
- Enable focus mode when meeings starts
- Approve or block entry to users from specific regions/countries
- Designating an Alternative Host
- Enable interpretation if needed, including language interpretation and sign language.
- Click the Save button.
After clicking on Save, the meeting details will appear. Copy and share the invitation or just the 'join link' to share with others.
Scheduled meetings can be started, edited, or deleted from the Meetings page. Deleted meetings can be recovered from the Upcoming Meetings page within one week of the deletion.
The desktop client allows scheduling and starting meetings from an app; it is aconnection to your Zoom web portal account, with most features and functions available.
Schedule a meeting from the desktop client:
- Click Schedule on the Home tab.
- Add topic. There is no option to add a description.
- Choose a date, time, duration, and whether the meeting is recurring.
- Select the type of Meeting ID, Security, Video, and Audio settings.
- Optional - Choose your calendar for posting and sending invitations.
- Click on the arrow next to Advanced Options to apply additional settings.
- Enable Interpretation if needed.
- Click the Save button.
*Enabling registration is not available in the desktop client, only the web portal.
What to know about your Personal Meeting ID (PMI)
Your Personal Meeting ID, also known as PMI, is a persistent link and Meeting ID available 24/7/365.
We recommend reserving your PMI for meeting with colleagues; the link is open to anyone who previously used the link, such as students.
Starting your meeting from the web portal:
- Click on Meetings in the left navigation menu. The default page will list your Upcoming meetings.
- Hover over the title of your scheduled meeting.
- Click on Start to the right of the meeting title.
You can also click on the title of the scheduled meeting and start it from within the meeting details. Look for the blue Start this meeting button in the top right corner.
Starting your meeting from the desktop client:
- Open your desktop client.
- Click on Home in the top menu options.
- The next upcoming meeting appears with a Start button.
- View all upcoming meetings for today by clicking on the bottom field 'View todays' upcoming meetings'.
Zoom meetings can be started immediately, without the need to pre-schedule a date, time, etc. Once you start an instant meeting, a Zoom meeting window opens, and you can share the meeting ID with others.
To start an instant meeting in the web portal:
- Click on Host a meeting in the top right corner when logged into your account.
- Select to start the meeting with your video on or off, or start a screen share only meeting.
To start an instant meeting using your desktop client:
- Click on the Home tab.
- Click on New Meeting. Click the karat to the right to select option to start with or without video and/or use your Personal Meeting ID.
Article is closed for comments.