Student Connect allows one-on-one private appointments with your instructor or other staff for office hours, tutoring, or private meetings, for example, Counseling or Health Services. The instructor will offer time slots to reserve in one Course or across all of the instructor's Courses. The details of who reserved the slot and for what purpose is only visible to the instructor or staff. Other students will only see 'Taken' for appointments that have been reserved by others.
Reserve an Appointment
Once you are in your Canvas Course, follow the below instructions:
- Click on Student Connect in the left navigation menu.
- Click on the Book appointment with drop-down menu to locate who you'd like to reserve an appointment with.
- Select the instructor. If there are tutors/TA's in your Course, they may also be listed for you to choose from. (In addition, the Search for Slots option in the dropdown allows you to filter the slots you are looking for based on the dates, days, times, and instructor. My Appointments in the dropdown will only list the appointments that you have made or that your instructor has made on your behalf.) After making a selection, available appointments will then display.
- Click the plus icon (+) to the right of the available time slot that you'd like to choose.
- Enter in an Appointment Topic of your choice and a Purpose of appointment describing in detail what you would like to meet about.
- Click on Reserve Appointment.
15 minutes before your appointment time in Student Connect, you will see the option to join your appointment. Follow the below instructions to join when ready:
- Click on Join directly from the Current Appointment side panel any time after you see the Join button appear. Or you can click the plus icon (+) to the right of your reserved time slot to expand the details of the appointment, and click the Join button from there.
An appointment can be cancelled anytime before the Join button appears.
- Click the plus icon (+) to the right of your reserved time slot.
- Click on Cancel Appointment.
- A confirmation window opens to continue with the cancellation, or go back with no changes.
Student Account Settings
View your information, set up email notifications and reminders, integrate meetings to your personal calendar, and sync Canvas to your Zoom account. On the top right select Account Settings to access the options for Overview, Personalization, Email, and Personal Calendar.
Overview: View your information.
Personalization: Configure language, themes, and time zones.
Email: Establish email subscriptions for schedule notifications and reminders.
Personal Calendar: Integrate meetings with your personal calendar. Paste the link into your calendar software subscription section; subscribe instead of performing a one-time import as the feed of your upcoming sessions changes over time.