Google is phasing out ChromeOS apps across all operating systems by November 5, 2022. To prepare for the change, Zoom will be ending support for their Chrome OS App in August. Zoom has created the Chrome Progressive Web App (PWA) intended to replace the Zoom ChromeOS app, and allows you to use some of the same features available on the desktop client or mobile app within the Chrome web browser.
The PWA is an installable application that provides central administration and supports popular Zoom features, such as:
- Live interpreters for multiple language translation channels
- Self-select & other advanced breakout room features
- Advanced Polling
- 25-person Gallery view (on supported machines)
- Virtual background & blur (on supported machines)
- Background masking feature to help preserve participant privacy
- Zoom Whiteboard
- And more!
Users can install the Zoom PWA from the Google Play store (click the link or search Zoom for Chrome PWA in the Play store) or by going to pwa.zoom.us/wc and clicking on the install icon in the Chrome browser address bar.
Progressive Web App Zoom Articles
*Zoom had originally planned to phase out ChromeOS June 2022, but have since postponed this until November 5, 2022.