Licensed TechConnect account holders can host up to 2 meetings concurrently. Account holders can also join multiple meetings at the same time.
Verify setting to host/join concurrent meetings:
Sign in to the Zoom web portal https://www.conferzoom.org/.
- Click Settings.
- Click In Meeting (Basic), locate the setting Join different meetings simultaneously on desktop and make sure it is enabled.
Hosting Concurrent Meetings
Both meetings need to be started by the original meeting host or by an alternative host. The host can leave the meeting and pass host privileges to another user if needed.
- You cannot host 1 meeting and 1 webinar at the same time.
- You cannot host 2 instant meetings at the same time.
- You cannot host multiple webinars at the same time.
- Users with scheduling privilege can manage and act as an alternative host for all meetings
To host concurrent meetings, you have three options:
- Start both meetings from the web portal by clicking on 'Start' for each meeting.
- Start one meeting from the web portal, and start the other meeting from your desktop client.
- Start both meetings in Canvas.
- ConferZoom Tool (TechConnect Managed Accounts) Start both meetings by clicking on 'Host" for each meeting.
- TechConnect Zoom Tool (District Managed Accounts) by clicking on 'Start' for each meeting.
For more information on hosting concurrent meetings:
Joining Concurrent Meetings
To join concurrent meetings, you have three options:
- Join both meetings by clicking on the join link for each meeting.
- Click on the join link for one meeting, and join the other meeting from your desktop client by clicking on Join on the Home page and entering the meeting ID.
- Join both meetings in Canvas
- ConferZoom Tool (TechConnect Managed Accounts) by clicking on 'Join' for each meeting.
- TechConnect Zoom tool (District Managed Accounts) by clicking on 'Join' for each meeting.
For more information on joining concurrent meetings: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360001120743-Joining-Multiple-Meetings-Simultaneously-on-Desktop
Keep in mind:
- You may only join ONE meeting directly from the Zoom desktop client.
- The Start button to the right of the meeting topic in the Zoom desktop client will only work for the first meeting you join.
- The Join button on the home screen is disabled after you join ONE meeting.
- Joining on a Mac 2 meetings each appear in a separate window and are accessible through the dock using two different Zoom icons.
- Joining on a Windows computer appear in 2 different windows but are only accessible the 1 icon on the task bar.