Licensed TechConnect account holders can host up to 2 meetings concurrently. Account holders can also join multiple meetings at the same time.
Hosting Concurrent Meetings
Both meetings need to be started by the original meeting host or by an alternative host. The host can leave the meeting and pass host privileges to another user if needed.
- You cannot host 1 meeting and 1 webinar at the same time
- Users with scheduling privilege can manage and act as an alternative host for all meetings
To host concurrent meetings:
- Start both meetings from the web portal by clicking on Start for each meeting.
- Start one meeting from the web portal, and start the other meeting from your desktop client.
For more information on hosting concurrent meetings:
Joining Concurrent Meetings
Verify setting to join concurrent meetings. Sign in to the Zoom web portal https://www.conferzoom.org/.
- Click Settings.
- Click In Meeting (Basic), locate the setting Join different meetings simultaneously on desktop and enable (if it is not already).
To Join concurrent meetings:
- Join both meetings by clicking on the join link for each meeting.
- Click on the join link for one meeting, and join the other meeting from your desktop client by clicking on Join on the Home page and entering the meeting ID.
You may only join ONE meeting directly from the Zoom desktop client.
- The Start button to the right of the meeting topic in the Zoom desktop client will only work for the first meeting you join.
- The Join button on the home screen is disabled after you join ONE meeting.
Joining on a Mac: 2 meetings each appear in a separate window and are accessible through the dock using two different Zoom icons. Joining on a Windows computer: meetings appear in 2 different windows and are only accessible using the 1 icon on the task bar.
Note: This feature doesn't allow you to host multiple concurrent meetings at the same time.
For more information on joining concurrent meetings: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360001120743-Joining-Multiple-Meetings-Simultaneously-on-Desktop