In order to request captioning through TechConnect Cloud, you will first need to upload the video file. Visit Upload Video to Your Account for instructions.
You can request captioning on the TechConnect Cloud (3C Media) website, as well as within your Canvas shell. The instructions are below for both.
Request CC From 3C Media in Canvas
- Click on 3C Media within your Canvas shell
- Click on Add From Library. You'll have the option to upload media, or if you already have videos uploaded, you will see them listed here.
- To the right of the title click on the wheel to see drop-down options
- Click on Captions to request captions for the selected video.
Request CC From TechConnect Cloud (3C Media) Website
Log into your account at https://www.3cmediasolutions.org/
- Click on Media in the menu (closed captioning cannot be requested for content uploaded to Files)
- Click on the title of the uploaded video
- Scroll down, click on Submit this Media for Captioning
- Fill out form and click Submit
Due to high demand, captioning can take anywhere from 4-6 business days to appear in your 3C Media account.
Please note that there are a few limitations: we do not support captioning for videos hosted on YouTube, and also limit captioning to personal instructional videos for students only. All captioning is in English and we do not offer translation services.
Additionally, we do not caption commercially produced materials. We normally caption videos that are created by the instructor, for example a classroom lecture that they recorded. Some examples of items we would not caption are an episode or an excerpt of an episode of a show from the Discovery channel, History channel or PBS NOVA, any feature length films, just to name a few.
Please view the captioning guidance memo from the Chancellor's Office for closed captioning request guidlines.