TechConnect will create the subaccount, the subaccount owner will sign in and continue the set up configuration.
- TechConnect will invite the account owner email into the subaccount; the invitation must be accepted to proceed.
- TechConnect will approve the subaccount owner account, and notify the owner the account is available for access.
- The account owner can sign into the subaccount:
- Invite other admins into the account.
- Request a Vanity URL; Zoom Guidelines for Vanity URL; if using an SSO a vanity url is required.
- Set up SSO connection pre-migration; this is optional and can be done after migration.
- Add Associated Domains (optional).
- TechConnect will provide a list of global account settings from the master account for admin comparison in the subaccount; admins can make preferred setting changes.
- Teams will meet to coordinate the best date and time for a transparent user migration from the master account; TechConnect will coordinate the migration with Zoom.
- TechConnect will assist the Canvas admin with the new TechConnect Zoom LTI installation for pre-migration testing.
- TechConnect will allocate user licenses to accomodate the number of users with additional for growth; additional licenses can be requested when needed.
- TechConnect will coordinate with the Zoom Room admin to pre-build Zoom Rooms the in the subaccount.
- Cloud recordings for each user will follow to the subaccount and admin recording management.
- Local recordings for each user will NOT move to the new account, but will remain available on the computer where the user created the recordings.
Meetings and Webinars:
- Scheduled Meetings will follow with the user account.
- Scheduled Webinars will follow the user account, and appear after the Webinar license is assigned.
- Previous meetings in the user account will migrate.
Personal and Admin Settings:
- The subaccount admin can match TechConnect settings prior to migration, or change settings to meet the standards of a district/college, i.e., Security settings.
- Subaccount settings, if different than those in the master account, will OVERRIDE migrated users personal account settings.
- Personal Meeting ID (PMI) will stay with the users' accounts.
- 'Schedule Privileges' will need to be re-established in the user's account.
- User 'Roles' (i.e., Admin) do not follow; an account admin must reassign the Roles; additional Roles can be created.
- If the new account enforces meeting passcodes, the user will need to edit any upcoming meetings to add a passcode.
- Polling, Usage, Registration, and other reports are not migrated.
- Users can download reports for personal storage prior to migration.
- Chat: Persistent chat for licensed users is migrated, for basic/free users it is not migrated.
Admin Data Access:
- Recording Management will include recordings made prior to the migration including recordings created from Canvas events as long as the Canvas Identity Email is in the subaccount. Admins will be responsible for developing a recording management policy to keep the storage within the recommended tier provided by TechConnect.
- Reports and Dashboard data will build as users are migrated and create meetings.
- Dashboard data does not reflect data for meetings that took place prior to migration.
- Reports data for meetings that took place prior to migration does not reflect.
Zoom Contacts on the desktop app will populate with the account holders in the subaccount only.
- TechConnect will purge the Master account to ensure all users were moved into the sub account.
- TechConnect will purge the Sub Account at transition to ensure all users are Licensed accounts.
- TechConnect will move all purchased add-on licenses for Large Meetings, Webinars, Zoom Room, and Events to the subaccount. The licenses will be assigned to the individuals as they were pre-migration; admins can reassign as needed.
- Subaccount admin will purge the Users list to delete/disassociate invalid users on a regular basis.
- Subaccount Canvas admin will remove the old LTI from Canvas.
- Schedule a follow-up meeting with TechConnect to review the transition.