TechConnect will create the subaccount, and notify the admins when the account is available.
- TechConnect will invite users identified as admins by the district into the subaccount prior to migration for the purpose of preparing the account and LTI installation.
- The admins can sign into the subaccount and:
- Invite other admins into the account.
- Request a Vanity URL; Zoom Guidelines for Vanity URL; if using an SSO a vanity url is required.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/215062646?input_string=change+of+vanity+url Note: If the account owner email has the domain of @ccctechconnect.org contact support to arrange for a change of account ownership.
- Set up SSO connection pre-migration; this is optional and can be done after migration.
- Add Associated Domains (optional).
- TechConnect will provide a list of global account settings from the master account for admin comparison in the subaccount; admins can make preferred setting changes.
- Teams will meet to coordinate the best date and time for a transparent user migration from the master account; TechConnect will coordinate the migration with Zoom.
- TechConnect will assist the Canvas admin with the new TechConnect Zoom LTI installation for pre-migration testing.
- TechConnect will allocate user licenses to accomodate the number of users with additional for growth; additional licenses can be requested when needed.
- TechConnect will coordinate with the Zoom Room admin to build Zoom Rooms the in the subaccount.
- Cloud recordings for each user will follow to the subaccount and populate admin Recording Management.
- Local recordings for each user remain available on the computer where the user created the recordings.
Meetings and Webinars:
- Scheduled Meetings will follow with the user account.
- Scheduled Webinars will follow the user account, and appear after the Webinar license is assigned.
- Previous meetings in the user account will migrate.
Personal and Admin Settings:
- The subaccount admin can match TechConnect settings prior to migration, or change settings to meet the standards of a district/college, i.e., Security settings.
- Subaccount settings, if different than those in the master account, will OVERRIDE migrated users personal account settings.
- Personal Meeting ID (PMI) will stay with the users' accounts.
- 'Schedule Privileges' will need to be re-established in the user's account.
- User 'Roles'must be assigned, i.e., 'Admin'; additional cutomized Roles can be created.
- If the new account enforces meeting passcodes, the user will need to edit any upcoming meetings to add a passcode.
- Polling, Usage, Registration, and other reports are not migrated.
- Users who need the data must download reports for personal storage prior to migration.
- Persistent Chat for licensed users is migrated, for basic/free users it is not migrated.
Admin Data Access:
- Recording Management will include recordings made prior to the migration including recordings created from Canvas events as long as the Canvas Identity Email is in the subaccount. Admins will be responsible for developing a recording management policy to keep the storage within the recommended tier provided by TechConnect.
- Reports and Dashboard data will build as users are migrated and create meetings.
- Dashboard data does not reflect data for meetings that took place prior to migration.
- Reports data for meetings that took place prior to migration does not reflect.
Zoom Contacts on the desktop app will populate with the account holders in the subaccount only.
- TechConnect will purge the Master account to ensure all users were moved into the sub account.
- TechConnect will purge the Sub Account at transition to ensure all users are Licensed accounts.
- TechConnect will move all purchased add-on licenses for Large Meetings, Webinars, Zoom Room, and Events to the subaccount. The licenses will be assigned to the individuals as they were pre-migration; admins can reassign as needed.
- Subaccount admin will purge the Users list to delete/disassociate invalid users on a regular basis.
- Subaccount Canvas admin will remove the old LTI from Canvas.
- Schedule a follow-up meeting with TechConnect to review the transition.