TechConnect will create the account, the subaccount owner will proceed with setting up the account.
- TechConnect will provide a list of global account settings for the subaccount to match that of the master account. The subaccount owner is responsible for changing settings as preferred.
- TechConnect will ‘invite’ the account owner email into the subaccount; the invitation must be accepted to proceed.
- TechConnect will approve the subaccount owner account, and notify the owner the account
is available for access.
- The account owner can sign into the subaccount:
- Invite other admins into the account.
- Request a Vanity URL; Zoom Guidelines for Vanity URL:
A vanity URL is required if using an SSO.
- Set up SSO connection (optional) pre-migration.
- Add Associated Domains (optional).
- Teams will meet to coordinate the best date and time for a transparent user migration from the master account; TechConnect will coordinate the migration with Zoom.
- TechConnect will assist the Canvas admin with the new TechConnect Zoom LTI installation for
- TechConnect will allocate licenses equal to the number of accounts using the email domains for the district and colleges. Additional licenses can be requested when needed.
- TechConnect will coordinate with the Zoom Room admin to pre-build the in the subaccount.
- Cloud recordings of meetings hosted by the migrated user will move to the new account in both the user's account and admin recording management.
- Local recordings user will NOT move to the new account, but will remain available on the computer where the user created the recordings.
Meetings & Webinars:
- Meetings and Webinars that have been scheduled by the migrated user will migrate.
- Previous meetings will migrate (when a recurring meeting is used).
- Recurrent meetings will migrate.
Personal and Admin Settings:
- The subaccount admin can match TechConnect settings prior to migration, or change settings to meet the standards of a district/college (i.e. Security settings)
- Subaccount settings will OVERRIDE migrated users personal account settings.
- Personal Meeting ID (PMI) will stay with the users' accounts.
- 'Schedule Privileges' will need to be re-established in the user's account.
- User 'Roles' (i.e., Admin) do not follow; an account admin must reassign the Roles.
- If the new account enforces meeting passcodes, the user will need to edit any upcoming
meetings to add a passcode.
- Polling, Usage, Registration, and other reports are not migrated.
- Users can download reports for personal storage.
- Chat: Persistent chat for licensed users is migrated, for basic/free users it is not migrated.
Admin Data Access:
- Recording Management will include recordings made prior to the migration including recordings created from Canvas events as long as the Canvas Identity Email is in the subaccount.
- Reports and Dashboard data will build beginning when users become part of the subaccount and create meetings.
- Dashboard data does not reflect data for meetings that took place prior to migration.
- Reports data for meetings that took place prior to migration does not reflect.
Zoom Contacts on the desktop app will populate only with the account holders in the subaccount.
- TechConnect will purge the Master account to ensure all users were moved into the sub account.
- TechConnect will purge the Sub Account at transition to ensure all users are Licensed accounts.
- Subaccount admin will purge the Users list to delete/disassociate invalid users on a regular basis.
- Subaccount will remove the old LTI from Canvas.
- Schedule a follow-up meeting with TechConnect to review the transition.