TechConnect will create the account, the subaccount owner will proceed with setting up the account.
- TechConnect will ‘invite’ the account owner email into the subaccount; the invitation must be accepted to proceed.
- TechConnect will approve the subaccount owner account, and notify the owner the account
is available for access.
- The account owner can sign into the subaccount:
- Invite other admins into the account.
- Request a Vanity URL; Zoom Guidelines for Vanity URL:
A vanity URL is required if using an SSO.
- Set up SSO connection (optional) pre-migration.
- Add Associated Domains (optional).
- TechConnect will provide a list of global account settings from the master account to be used
for comparison; the subaccount admin can make preferred setting changes.
- Teams will meet to coordinate the best date and time for a transparent user migration from the master account; TechConnect will coordinate the migration with Zoom.
- TechConnect will assist the Canvas admin with the new TechConnect Zoom LTI installation for
- TechConnect will allocate user licenses equal to the number of accounts using the email domains for the district and colleges. Additional licenses can be requested when needed.
- TechConnect will coordinate with the Zoom Room admin to pre-build Zoom Rooms the in the subaccount.
- Cloud recordings of meetings hosted by the migrated user will move to the new account in both the user's account and admin recording management.
- Local recordings user will NOT move to the new account, but will remain available on the computer where the user created the recordings.
Meetings & Webinars:
- Meetings and Webinars that have been scheduled by the migrated user will migrate.
- Previous meetings will migrate (when a recurring meeting is used).
- Recurrent meetings will migrate.
Personal and Admin Settings:
- The subaccount admin can match TechConnect settings prior to migration, or change settings to meet the standards of a district/college (i.e. Security settings)
- Subaccount settings if different than those in the master account will OVERRIDE migrated users personal account settings.
- Personal Meeting ID (PMI) will stay with the users' accounts.
- 'Schedule Privileges' will need to be re-established in the user's account.
- User 'Roles' (i.e., Admin) do not follow; an account admin must reassign the Roles.
- If the new account enforces meeting passcodes, the user will need to edit any upcoming
meetings to add a passcode.
- Polling, Usage, Registration, and other reports are not migrated.
- Users can download reports for personal storage prior to migration.
- Chat: Persistent chat for licensed users is migrated, for basic/free users it is not migrated.
Admin Data Access:
- Recording Management will include recordings made prior to the migration including recordings created from Canvas events as long as the Canvas Identity Email is in the subaccount. Admins will
be responsible for developing a recording managment policy to keep the storage within the
recommended tier provided by TechConnect.
- Reports and Dashboard data will build beginning when users become part of the subaccount and create meetings.
- Dashboard data does not reflect data for meetings that took place prior to migration.
- Reports data for meetings that took place prior to migration does not reflect.
Zoom Contacts on the desktop app will populate only with the account holders in the subaccount.
- TechConnect will purge the Master account to ensure all users were moved into the sub account.
- TechConnect will purge the Sub Account at transition to ensure all users are Licensed accounts.
- TechConnect will move all purchased add-on licenses for Large Meetings, Webinars, Zoom Room, and Events to the subaccount. The licenses will be assigned to the individuals as they were
pre-migration; admins can reassign as needed.
- Subaccount admin will purge the Users list to delete/disassociate invalid users on a regular basis.
- Subaccount Canvas admin will remove the old LTI from Canvas.
- Schedule a follow-up meeting with TechConnect to review the transition.