What is a Subaccount?
A subaccount is a stand-alone account within TechConnect Zoom, providing a district or college all administrative rights to manage their users and associated product licenses including marketplace apps.
TechConnect continues to hold all management rights, access, and license allocation for all subaccounts.
TechConnect will continue to support all end-user product related questions.
The subaccount will be responsible for global and individual account settings, Zoom update management, and technical issues which require support from Zoom using the Zoom
trouble report process.
Prior to starting the process, a coordination meeting will take place with TechConnect Support and key members of you organization including the IT Manager, DE Coordinator, Canvas Administrator, and any
persons you feel are important in the decision to move forward with transitioning to a subaccount.
- User settings will remain with the user account.
- Scheduled meetings and recordings will follow the user.
- Meetings scheduled in Canvas prior to migration can be pulled into the TechConnect Zoom LTI.
- Zoom Contacts on the desktop app will populate only with the account holders in the subaccount.
- Reports and Dashboard data will display data from the time the users become part of the subaccount.
- Recording Management will include recordings made prior to the migration including recordings created from Canvas events as long as the Canvas Identity Email is in the subaccount.