What is a Subaccount?
A subaccount is a stand-alone account within TechConnect Zoom, providing a district or college all administrative rights to manage their users and associated product licenses including marketplace apps.
TechConnect continues to hold all management rights, access, and license allocation for all subaccounts.
TechConnect will continue to support all end-user product related questions.
The subaccount will be responsible for global and individual account settings, Zoom update management, and technical issues which require support from Zoom using the Zoom
trouble report process.
Colleges may request a HIPAA subaccount, but will also be required to include a subaccount for all of their non-HIPAA account users resulting in total management of all employees with TechConnect Zoom accounts.
Prior to starting the process, a coordination meeting will take place with TechConnect Support and key members of you organization including the IT Manager, DE Coordinator, Canvas Administrator, and any
persons you feel are important in the decision to move forward with transitioning to a subaccount.
Zoom Contacts on the desktop app will populate only with the account holders in the subaccount.
Users Data Retention:
- User settings will not change for the user.
- Scheduled meetings and recordings will follow the user.
- Recordings will follow the account.
- Previous meeting data and reports will not follow the user; reports can be downloaded by the user prior to migration to save the information to a file.
- Canvas Users: Meetings scheduled in Canvas prior to migration can be pulled into the TechConnect Zoom LTI.
Admin Data Access:
- Recording Management will include recordings made prior to the migration including recordings created from Canvas events as long as the Canvas Identity Email is in the subaccount.
- Reports and Dashboard data will build beginning when users become part of the subaccount and create meetings.
- Dashboard data does not reflect data for meetings that took place prior to migration.
- Reports data for meetings that took place prior to migration does not reflect.