Although our captioning service strives for 100% accuracy, they are captioned by humans so sometimes mistakes are made.
Just in case a similar issue happens in the future, it is really easy to correct. You will be able to make updates or corrections to captions using the following instructions:
1. Log in to your TechConnect Cloud (3C Media Solutions) account
2. Select the 'My Media' tab.
3. Navigate to the media you'd like to edit
4. Select "Details & Options"
5. Select "Edit Media"
6. Under the heading "Caption file", right click on the .vtt file (1) and "save as" or 'save link as' (2) (save to your local machine)
Note: the file type saved is a vtt file.
7. Leave the 'Edit Media' tool open because you will need it later.
8. Open the file using Notepad and edit being careful to only edit the text, (not the timing or anything else on the first line).
9. Rename your file (1) when you're finished editing, save file as .vtt by selecting "all Files" in Save as type field (2).
10.. Remove the caption file under the "Caption file" heading in Details & Options > Edit Media by selecting 'Remove'.
11. Upload the new .vtt file you saved in step 9 by selecting the 'Choose File' button
12. Select your file (1) and select "Open' (2) in the file dialogue box
13. Select the 'Upload' button
14. Click "Save" in the 'Edit Media Window'