Zoom security requires a password when connecting to a ConferZoom meeting created in Canvas. The ConferZoom tool automatically embeds the password through the Join button, enabling a seamless connection for students. There is no need to change password settings in your ConferZoom account.
We encourage faculty to require students to connect to classes through Canvas to assure privacy and safety.
If the instructor decides to share a link for students to join from outside of Canvas, there are three options; Option 1 and Option 2 are the recommended options. Please follow these steps to ensure the secure link is shared, which includes an embedded password. Additional options allow the same link to be used to view along with an available time period to access the recording created for this meeting.
After scheduling, click the + to expand the details, then click on the invite icon.
1. Select Send a link in an email.
2. Enter the email(s); the message is sent from the email account associated with Canvas.
1. To send the message from your preferred email client, select Get link to copy and paste.
2. Copy the link or generate a new link at a later time.
While this is not a recommended option, If you choose to share with students so they can join from outside of Canvas, first launch the event to create the meeting in Zoom. Do not share the Meeting ID;
the student will be prompted for a password and not be able to join.
- Locate the Event in Canvas.
- Click the + icon to expand the meeting title, then click More Details which will activate the meeting in Zoom.
- Sign into your Zoom account at https://www.conferzoom.org/
- Navigate to Meetings, click on the Topic, then scroll to Invite Link.
- Copy the link; this is the secure link with the embedded password.