Most meetings and classes have attendees who want to be there, and are focused on the meeting or the
class content, without any disruption.
However, on the rare occasion, there may be concerns about meeting links being shared, or behavior issues once attendees are in the meeting, but you do have options. Settings in advance or actions while in the meeting can help mitigate issues and avoid disruption for other attendees.
1. Require a meeting password when scheduling the meeting.
- Attendees will be prompted to enter the numeric code when joining a meeting.
- If you learn the password was shared with unauthorized persons, the meeting can be edited to
change the code before the start of the meeting.
- This option does not apply when connecting through Canvas.
2. Disable 'Join before host'; this is also required when Waiting Rooms is enabled.
3. Enable Waiting Rooms
- Attendees are held outside the meeting until admitted by the host.
- Notification alerts you there attendees waiting; and who they are.
4. Disable the meeting setting 'Allow removed participants to rejoin'.
5. Enable 'Play sound when participants join or leave' to alert you if you are busy focusing on your
6. 'Disable desktop/screen share for users'.
7. Disable 'Annotation' to prevent participants from writing on your content.
In the Meeting
1. Admit only the authorized participants from the Waiting Room
2. Remove a participant from the meeting; when the setting is disabled (above), they cannot come back
into the meeting.
After the Meeting
If there is a need to identify how a user signed into the meeting, use 'Reports' located in your website portal account. Those connecting through Canvas will not display an account email.