There are two areas where you will see interaction templates. After you've linked your video and it has been added as a video segment, you'll be given 2 options: Apply Template or Add an Interaction.
If you select Apply Template, you'll be taken to a template gallery where you can choose from seven interaction templates that are placed at pre-set times during your bulb.
If you select Add an Interaction, you'll have three templates that do not have pre-set times added.
To use an interaction template, you will select the template you'd like to use, and then click on the text within the template to add your own wording.
1. Templates (added at any point)
- Word Bank - great for vocabulary, this template pairs a fill in the blank interaction with a pre-made table.
- Check for understanding - adds a simple multiple choice interaction.
- Learning objectives - adds a pause to your bulb in order for your students to read the bulb's learning objectives, often used at the beginning of a bulb.
2. Template Gallery (added at certain timing)
- Learner feedback - Add a poll question at the end of the bulb for learners to rate their experience, followed by a free response question where they can provide more detail.
- Learner notes - Adds a reflective pause in a hotspot at the beginning of the bulb to teach learners how to use PlayPosit's Notes feature. The template includes a gif demonstrating how students can add notes to the bulb.
- Discussion - Add a discussion forum in the sidebar that lasts for the entire bulb so learners can comment at any time. The template includes a gif demonstrating how students can add notes to the bulb.
- Pre/Post assessment - Add two free response questions in the sidebar at the beginning and end of the bulb to ask learners what they already know, and what concepts they mastered upon completion.
- Summative Assessment - Add four multiple choice questions in the sidebar at the end of the bulb to prompt learners to reflect on what they learned in this bulb.
- Check for understanding - Adds five stacked free response and poll questions to evaluate learner understanding
- One of each [interaction] - A template that contains all of the interaction types, evenly spaced throughout the middle of the bulb.