Zoom regularly provides new versions of the desktop client to release new features and bug fixes which apply to your account when you sign in on the app or the Zoom website. To experience the best meeting performance, including audio and video, we recommend updating your account as often as a desktop client update is available. You should update the app even if you do not use it because the app drives updates to the account.
You may choose to manually update your desktop client, or set your desktop client up for automatic updates.
- Sign into the Zoom desktop client app.
- Click on your profile image or initials in the top right.
- Check for Updates in the drop-down menu.
Enabling Automatic Updates
- When signed into your desktop client, click on your profile image or initials in the top right.
- Navigate to Settings > General > Zoom Updates
- Check Automatically keep Zoom desktop client up to date
- Choose Slow for fewer updates or Fast to receive the newest features and updates.
Visit the Zoom sites to see the latest release notes: Zoom Releases By Date – Zoom Help Center.
Note: If you experience issues with feature functions, we recommend uninstalling the current Zoom desktop client from your device, then download a fresh copy from https://zoom.us/download; in most cases resolves this step resolves the issues.