When using the desktop client, Chat messages can be edited or deleted, along with files, or images that you have already sent through Chat. The search results that recipients see in the chat will reflect the content of your edited message. Deleted chat content and files can not be retrieved.
Note: Version 4.6.1 or greater must be installed for access to this feature.
Replying to a Message
You can reply to a message to keep all replies in the same threadn allowing users to easily follow the thread of replies.
- Hover over the message you want to reply to.
- Click the chat bubble icon.
Enter your reply, then press Enter. Your reply will display under the parent message. All future replies will display under the parent message.
Add Reactions to a Messages
Use emoticons to react to a message.
- Hover over the message you want to react to, then click the smiley icon next to the message.
- Select the emoticon from the pop-up window.
Starring a Message
You can place a star on important messages, copying them to the Starred Messages chat and allowing you to quickly view them later on.
- Hover over the the message you want to star.
- Click the star icon next the message.
3. Click the Starred Messages chat thread to see your starred messages.
If the original thread was with another contact, you will see posted in followed by the contact's
name. If you starred a message in a channel, you will see posted in followed by the channel's name.
4. Hover over the message and click the yellow star icon to unstar your message. Click Jump to view the original chat thread.
Editing a Message
You can edit the content of a message that you have already sent.
Note: You can not edit messages if your admin enabled end-to-end encryption for chat.
- Hover over the message you want to delete and click the more icon (…).
- Choose Edit.
- Change the ext and click Save. Edited messages will appear and indicate that it has been edited for all chat particpants.
Deleting a Message, File, Picture, or GIF
You can delete any item you have sent. Recipients will not be able to see deleted items in Zoom.
- Hover over the item you want to delete and click the more icon (…).
- Choose Delete. Zoom will show You deleted a message, but others will not see the notification.
Sharing a Message, File, or Picture
You can forward a sent item to another contact or channel.
1. Hover over the message you want to share, click the more icon (...), then choose Share messages.
Note: If you are sharing a file or picture, hover over the item and click the share icon .
2. Select a contact or channel to forward the item to, then click Share.
Note: You can only select one contact or channel.