Add Scheduled Canvas Events and Appointments to Your Personal Calendar
Events and Appointment Booking times scheduled in ConferZoom Canvas will sync with your personal calendar outside of Canvas when you integrate the two platforms. Supported calendar applications include applications with subscription support for iCalendar/ICS/WebCal feeds.
- Apple iPad / iPhone Calendar
- Outlook for Windows and Outlook.com
- Google Calendar
Create the Calendar Integration
- Sign into Canvas
- Navigate to your course, and then open ConferZoom
- Click on ‘Account Settings’ on the top right of the ConferZoom page.
- Select ‘Personal Calendar’ on the navigation bar on the left.
- Save the link as a file or copy/past into the calendar software subscription section. It is important to
subscribe instead of performing a one-time import; the feed updates with adds and changes.
Some calendar software allows you to specify how often the feed is refreshed, while others automatically update about once a day. If you subscribe to E-mail Subscriptions on the ConferZoom page in Canvas, you may want to consider setting the change threshold to match your calendar feed update frequency.
Add to Outlook Calendar
When you subscribe to an iCal, your calendar will automatically refresh if the iCal is updated. This can take up to 24 hours.
- Sign in to Outlook.com.
2. At the bottom of the page select .
3. In the navigation pane, select ‘Import calendar’.
4. Under Import calendar, select ‘From web’.
5. Under ‘Link to the calendar’, paste the URL for the linked calendar copied from Canvas.
6. Under ‘Calendar name’, type the name you want to use for the calendar.
7. Select ‘Import’.
The new calendar name will appear when signed into Outlook.com; on your desktop Outlook calendar, the calendar will be untitled, but you can rename the calendar for easy identification.
Add to Google Calendar
You can only add a calendar using a link if the other person's calendar is public.
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- On the left, next to ‘Other calendars’, click ‘Add ‘From URL’.
- Enter the Canvas ConferZookm url in the field provided.
4. Click ‘Add calendar’. The calendar will appear on the left side under ‘Other calendars.’
It can take up to 12 hours for changes to show in your Google Calendar.
All Other Calendars
Please refer to your mail provider directions for the following supported calendars:
Evolution, Mozilla Thunderbird Lightning, One Calendar for Windows 10 WebCal, and Zoho.
AOL Calendar, KOrganizer and Yahoo! Mail will not integrate with Canvas ConferZoom.