CONFERENCE CALLS USING CONFERZOOM
As of August 31, 2019 all conference calls will be scheduled and hosted using ConferZoom.
Join from your telephone, or join from a computer using internet audio. The host will need to update setting changes in their ConferZoom account to facilitate conference calls using just the telephone. Follow the easy instructions below.
The benefits of using ConferZoom for conference calling:
- Hosts and participants connect to the conference call from a land line or mobile phone.
- Recording playback is available in the hosts’ account within minutes after the call.
- Download or share the Audio only (m4a file).
- The recording remains in your ConferZoom account until you choose to delete the file.
- Audio Transcript provides a text file of the conversation – a great tool for eliminating tedious note taking after the fact. Provides documentation requirements when needed.
- Download the Zoom mobile app to your smart phone as an easy option for scheduling, hosting, or joining a call.
What you need to know:
- Follow the instructions below to change the settings in your ConferZoom account.
- The Dial number is a toll call. Toll charges can be avoided by joining the call from a computer with a mic and speaker or the Zoom mobile app on a smart phone*.
- The Host Key is required for the host to manage audio.
- The Meeting ID number is the same for the host and the attendees.
- A recurring meeting can be scheduled for an unlimited period of time to provide the same passcode for each meeting.
Note: *When using a mobile device, data charges may apply based upon your provider plan.
Log into your account at conferzoom.org
- Navigate to Meetings Settings on the left panel. Select the Meetings tab on the center of the page, then the Recording tab.
- Enable Join before host to allow a call to take place without the Host.
- Enable 'Cloud Recording' to allow calls to be recorded.
- 'Automatic Cloud Recording' will start to record the moment anyone joins the call.
Select this option with caution; attendees may join early, or ‘test’ the process before the meeting time, resulting in a recording with no content or long periods of no conversation until the Host arrives.
- When 'Automatic Cloud Recording' is disabled, the host has the option to press *7 to start recording.
Settings may already be enabled that apply to online meetings, they will not affect a conference call and can remain in place. For conference calls, be sure the following settings are enabled:
- Cloud recording
- Automatic Recording
a. Record in the cloud
b. Host can pause/stop recording in the cloud
Settings become the default for all meetings. When scheduling a meeting, a setting can be disabled on a per meeting basis if needed. Below is an example of the Meeting Settings page in your ConferZoom account.
Optional: Multiple audio notification of recorded meeting
A notification message is played each time the recording starts/restarts for all attendees.
Schedule a ConferZoom Conference Call
- Navigate to Meetings
- Schedule a New Meeting
- Enter the meeting details
- Check Recurring to schedule an ongoing meeting using the same passcode.
- Under Meeting Options
- Enable Join before host for attendees to meet without a host.
- Check/Uncheck appropriately ‘Record the meeting automatically in the cloud’
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
When scheduling is complete, the screen returns with the final details. There are two options for inviting attendees:
- Add to a calendar when invitees are in the same calendar system.
- Copy the Invitation then email details to the attendees.
Note: The link is optional for those who want to use computer audio to join the call in lieu of using the phone.
Edit to add or remove information before sending out the email.
Join the Conference Call
Attendees: Use a Dial number and Meeting ID (highlighted in yellow in the example above).
Host: Use a Dial number, Meeting ID, and Host Key when prompted. The Host Key appears in your ConferZoom Profile at the bottom of the page, this code does not change.
*4 End call
*5 Lock call
*6 Mute/Unmute self
*7 Start/Stop/Resume recording
*# Hear number of participants
99 Mute/Unmute all participants
*6 Mute/Unmute Self
The call will automatically record when the setting is enabled. The recording will process after the last person hangs up from the call. An email is sent to the host when the recording files are ready.
- Files are also posted in your account at conferzoom.org
- Navigate to 'Recordings' on the left side in your ConferZoom account.
- Locate the meeting, click on 'Files' to view and share the recording.
- Click 'Share" to select or change access permissions to view the recordings.
- Click 'More…' to download all files or delete the recording.
Three files are offered from a conference call recording:
- Shared screen with speaker view: An MP4 movie format with the audio transcript file visible in the playback of the recording. This file is created even when no one signs into the online room during the live meeting. It is an opportunity for a person requiring hearing support to 'read' the conference call.
- Audio Only: Played with a media player (i.e., Quicktime, Windows Media, iTunes, etc.)
- Audio transcript: A text file of the conversation which can be downloaded and saved to your computer.