When hosting a webinar you focus your time and attention on the important material you are sharing with your colleagues. However, in keeping with good presentation skills, be sure to advise your audience how you will manage the session, and what options the attendees can use.
Attached is an example PowerPoint slide with the basic points to cover at the start of your Webinar, including which questions to consider. Feel free to modify the slide to meet your needs:
- Are you recording the session?
- Will you share the recording link via email or posted to a website? If you choose to use registration when scheduling, you can add the recording link to the automatic email sent after the Webinar to all attendees and registrants, including those who registered but could not attend.
- Explain how to view live transcript/close captions, if enabled.
- The Q&A feature provides an opportunity for attendees to enter questions for the presenters to respond. You must select the Q&A option when scheduling the Webinar to make it available in the live presentation.
- Interactive chat is available by default; as the host you have the option to allow or disable chat while in the presentation. Allowing both interactive chat with Q&A can create a challenge for the host.