Audio Transcript is available in all accounts and when enabled will automatically transcribe the audio post-meeting when you record to the Cloud. After the recording is processed and the transcript file is created, you are able to:
- Display the transcript text within the video, similar to a closed caption display.
- Read transcription in the right panel while viewing the recording.
- Edit transcription.
- Download the text file (VTT format) to your desktop and share it as a document.
Easily edit the text to change words or add capitalization and punctuation not captured in the transcript. Editing will reflect in the video display, the chat window, and the text (VTT) file. A search function is available to seek out specific text as well as timestamps to indicate when a portion of the text was recorded.
Enable Audio Transcript
Cloud recording and audio transcript must be enabled in your account. Sign in to your TechConnect Zoom account https://www.conferzoom.org/.
- Click Settings in the left navigation menu
- Click on the Recording tab
- Enable Cloud recording
- Check to enable Create Audio transcript
- Click Save
Note: Other settings are optional.
View the Recording with Transcript
Anyone can read the transcript while the recording is played.
- Click the cc icon on the bottom right of the video player to display the audio text within the video.
- Click the Audio Transcript tab on the top right of the screen to display the audio text in the panel.
Hover over the text in the right panel and click the pencil icon next, make the changes, then click the white checkmark with a blue background icon to Save (you must be logged into your account viewing the recording to see the edit option). The edits will reflect in the cc display, the panel window, and in the audio transcript file. The changes made in this file will reflect back in the recording.
Download Transcription File
Individual files can be downloaded. Go to your Recordings, click on the Topic to view the files. Audio transcript is the .vtt text file, open with NotePad to view or edit the content.