Audio transcription automatically transcribes the audio in a meeting or webinar that you record to the cloud. After the cloud recording processes you will receive notification the transcript is available.
During playback of the recording there is an option to display the transcript text within the video itself, similar to a closed caption display, or read the transcription in the right panel while viewing the recording. The transcript can be downloaded to your desktop as a text file (VTT format) to share as a document.
The transcript has timestamps that correlate to that time in the cloud recording; use the search function to seek out specific text. The text can be edited to correct words, capitalization, and punctuation. Edits will reflect in the video display, the chat window, and the text (VTT) file. Audio Transcript only supports English.
Enable Audio Transcript
Cloud recording and audio transcript must be enabled in your account. Sign in to your TechConnect Zoom account; on the left navigation select Settings:
- Click on the Recording tab.
- Enable Cloud recording.
- Scroll down to Advanced cloud recording settings.
- Click to enable Create Audio transcript.
- Click Save.
View Recording with Audio Transcript
The transcript is available to anyone while the recording is playing.
- Click the CC icon on the bottom right of the video player to display the text within the video.
- Click the Audio Transcript tab on the top right of the screen to display the text in the right panel.
Edit the Audio Transcript
- In your web portal account navigate to Recordings.
- Click the topic for the recorded meeting.
- Click the play icon; the text of the transcript displays on the right-hand side of the video.
- Hover over the area to edit, then click the pencil icon to make changes, click the check mark to save. You can edit an 'unknown speaker' name as well as the transcript itself.
The edited text will appear in the playback and the VTT file.
Search for Text in the Audio Transcript
When viewing the recording transcript, enter a key word or phrase in the Search transcript box; found words will be highlighted:
Download the Audio Transcript File
Individual files can be downloaded. Go to your Recordings, click on the Topic to view the files. Audio transcript is a .vtt text file which opens for viewing and editing of the content.
Article is closed for comments.