Audio Transcript Overview
Automatically transcribe the audio of a meeting or class when you record to the Cloud. After the recording is processed and the transcript file is created, you have three options:
- Display the transcript text within the video, similar to a closed caption display.
- Open the text file in the chat window to read while viewing the recording.
- Download the text file (.VTT format) to your desktop and share as a document.
Easily edit the text to change words, or add capitalization and punctuation not captured in the transcript. Editing will reflect in the video display, the chat window, and the document (.VTT) file. A search function is available to seek out specific text as well as time stamps to indicate when a portion of the text was recorded.
(Note: When live closed captions are provided in the meeting, the .VTT file will display the live captions.)
Audio Transcript feature is available in all accounts. Edit your preferences for cloud recording, time stamps, and automatic recording; sign-in to your TechConnect Zoom (ConferZoom) account, then select:
- Meeting Settings
- Recording tab
- Cloud Recording
- Enable to make Cloud recording the default
- Check to add a timestamp
- Check to enable 'Audio transcript'
- Note, 'Automatic Recording' begins the moment anyone joins the session.
View Recordings with Audio Transcript
Sign into your account on the website:
- Click on either the Topic or the File Size to view the available recording files.
- Recording plays a video of the meeting, including content, audio, participant chat, and a transcript.
- Shared screen with speaker view plays the same content as Recording.
- Audio only plays just the audio from the meeting, without visuals.
- Audio transcript is the text file, open with NotePad to view or edit the content.
View the Recording with Transcript
- When the recording opens and begins to play, click the ‘cc’ icon on the bottom right of the screen
to display the audio text within the video.
- Click the Audio Transcript button on the top right of screen to display the audio text in the panel.
- Click Chat Messages to switch to viewing participant text chat messages.
Edit Transcript Text
- Click the pencil icon next to the text field to be edited; make the changes, then Save.
- The edits will reflect in the ‘cc’ display, the panel window, and in the audio transcript file.
- The audio transcript file can also be used for editing text, the changes made in this file will
reflect in the recoding views.