The ability to have another TechConnect Zoom Licensed account holder schedule meetings for you can be accomplished when the Schedule Privilege setting is enabled. Some use cases include an administrator delegating their support staff to set up meetings; a tutoring center having one person schedule sessions for all tutors; or a counseling department coordinator needing to schedule meetings for counselors.
Prerequisite: Both the host and the scheduler must be in the same District Zoom account. If scheduling privilege cannot be assigned because the user is not a TechConnect Zoom Licensed user, you will receive an error message.
Enable Schedule Privilege setting - Instructions for the host
- In the left navigation menu, click Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab at the top of the page.
- Locate the Schedule Privilege setting towards the bottom of the page.
- Next to 'Assign scheduling privilege to', click Add.
- Enter a username or email address in the text box.
- (Optional) Select the Can manage my private events check box if you want a user(s) to manage your private events and view their details. Note: Users with scheduling privilege will see private events but with details hidden if they are not allowed to manage your private events.
- Click Add to add more users or email addresses to assign scheduling privileges.
- (Optional) If enabled by an admin, select the Allow above users to manage the recordings for their scheduled meetings check box to allow users with scheduling privilege to access and manage cloud recordings for scheduled meetings.
- Click Save.
When you assign scheduling privileges to other users in the Zoom web portal, you can choose if these users can manage your meetings that are marked as private in Outlook or Google Calendar. If the users cannot manage private events, they cannot see the invite link, meeting topic, or attendee list.
Schedule the meeting - Instructions for the Scheduler
First, the scheduler will need to sign out of the Zoom desktop client and sign back in before they will be able to schedule for another person.
From within your account in the TechConnect web portal:
- Navigate to Meetings in the left navigation menu.
- Select Schedule a Meeting
- In the Schedule For field at the top, select the meeting host from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the remaining details for the meeting.
The person who has scheduling privileges and schedules an event on your behalf will be able to identify what meetings they scheduled on your behalf by using the search field below and selecting your name.