When a host schedules a webinar, they can add an Alternative Host to their webinar so that the alternative host can become a Co-Host when they enter the webinar event. If the host is absent during the webinar, the alternative host automatically becomes the host in the host's absence.
If the host does not add an alternative host before the webinar, the host can change the role of an attendee or panelist in the live webinar to co-host to assist with the management of the webinar event.
Co-hosts can manage most functions just like the host:
- Mute or unmute attendees
- Stop a panelist's video
- Ask a panelist to start their video
- Spotlight a Video
- Promote attendee to panelist
- Demote from panelist to attendee
- Change attendees' view
- Change who attendees can chat with
- Remove attendees
- Allow attendees to talk
- Invite others to join the Webinar
- Record locally and to the cloud
However, only the host can:
- Assign closed caption input
- Live Stream
- Put panelist on hold
- Assign Co-host Permission
- End the Webinar
The co-host setting would need to be enabled to use this feature in your account.
Pre-Webinar: Confirm Setting is Enabled
Sign into the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Under In Meeting (Basic), verify that the Co-host setting is enabled.
Pre-Webinar: Schedule with Alternative Host
- Click Webinars in the left navigation, then Schedule a Webinar on the top right.
- Enter the webinar details.
- In the Alternative Hosts field, enter the TechConnect Zoom account email address of the Alternative Hosts then click Save.
In Live Webinar: Change Roles of Attendees
If an alternative host wasn't added in the scheduling of the webinar, you can change the role of an attendee while in the live webinar.
- Click on Manage Participants to open the Participants list.
- Hover over the name, click the More button and select the appropriate role.
There is no limit to the number of attendees who can be assigned a Co-Host role.
Article is closed for comments.