When a host schedules a webinar, they are able to add an Alternative Host to their webinar so that the alternative can become a Co-Host when they enter the webinar event. If the host is absent during the webinar, the alternative host automatically becomes host in the host's absence.
If the host does not add an alternative host prior to the webinar, the host can change the role of an attendee or panelist in the live webinar to co-host to assist with management of the webinar event.
Co-hosts can manage most functions just like the host:
- Mute or unmute attendees
- Stop panelist's video
- Ask a panelist to start video
- Spotlight a Video
- Promote attendee to panelist
- Demote from panelist to attendee
- Change attendees' view
- Change who attendees can chat with
- Remove attendees
- Allow attendees to talk
- Invite others to join the Webinar
- Record locally and to the cloud
However, only the host can:
- Assign closed caption input
- Live Stream
- Create or edit polls
- Put panelist on hold
- Assign Co-host Permission
- End the Webinar
Pre-Webinar: Schedule with Alternative Host
- Click Webinars in the left navigation, then Schedule a Webinar on the top right.
- Enter the webinar details.
- Navigate to Options then click Show.
- In the Alternative Hosts field enter the TechConnect Zoom account email address of the Alternative Hosts then click Save. The Alternative Hosts will be listed at the bottom of the Options section in meeting details.
In the Live Webinar: Change Roles of Attendees
- Click on Manage Participants to open the Participants list.
- Hover over the name, and click the More button and select the appropriate role.
There is no limit to the number of attendees who can be assigned a Co-Host role.