Panelists are participants in the webinar with more permissions than regular attendees, but less permissions than co-hosts. Panelists must be assigned panelist permissions by the webinar host, either before the webinar starts or promoted from attendee in the live session. A panelist does not require a TechConnect Zoom license. The host can disable some features for panelists, including starting video, sharing your screen, and recording.
Panelist available features may include:
- Mute/unmute themselves
- Start/stop their own video
- View attendee list
- Share screen
- Request/give remote control
- Save chat
- View Q&A and respond
- Answer polls
- Enter closed captions
- Raise hand
- Record local
Add Panelists to a scheduled Webinar
- After scheduling the Webinar click on the title of the event.
- Navigate to the Invitations tab towards the bottom of the Webinar details.
- Click Edit to the right of Invite panelists.
- Enter the Name and Email address.
- Select Add Another Panelist to add more additional Panelists.
- Click Save. If you have the option to Send invitation to all newly added panelists immediately checked, panelists will be sent an email invitation after you click Save. To resend the Panelist invitation, click on Edit on the far right of the panelist's name, then click Resend.
The max number of panelists is dependent on the host's meeting capacity, while the max number of attendees is based on the host's webinar capacity.
Note: You can also import a CSV file of your panelists and upload it through the web portal instead of adding in Panelists one by one.
Add Panelists during a recurring Webinar
If a webinar is recurring, the user will be a panelist for all webinars in that series. If you want them to join as a panelist for one webinar occurrence only, you will need to add them as a panelist before the webinar that you want them to be a panelist for and remove them before the next occurrence.
Remove Panelists from a scheduled recurring Webinar
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Webinars.
- Click the topic of the webinar you need to remove panelists from.
- On the Invitations tab at the bottom of the page, find the Invite panelists section and click Edit.
- To the right of the panelist's details, click Delete.
- Click Save. This panelist will now be removed from all webinars in the series and will need to join as an attendee.
Panelist 'Waiting Room'
Although Webinars do not have a Waiting Room, the host can still place a panelist on hold, which functions the same way as placing them into the waiting room.
- Start a webinar as the host.
- Click on Participants in the host controls.
- Hover over the name of the Panelist, click More, then Put on Hold.
The Participants list will now indicate that this attendee is in the Waiting Room; a screen
indication appears stating the host will admit them shortly.
- To admit the Panelist back into the webinar, click Admit at the top of the webinar window, or locate their name in the Panelist list on the right and click Take off hold.
Change Panelist Role
Host can change the role of the Panelist, including assigning Closed Caption input to a Panelist (or Attendee).
Hover over the name, and click the More button and select the appropriate role.
Allow Panelist to Screen Share in a Webinar
To allow Panelists to share screen, click the ^ to the right of the Share Screen icon on the toolbar and enable.
Article is closed for comments.