'Call Confer' will be available through August 31, 2019 at which time we will transition to ConferZoom for conference calling.
ConferZoom can be used for conference calls; compare 'Call Confer' and 'ConferZoom' in the chart, then continue to read the article to learn more about the added benefits and how to schedule conferece calls with ConferZoom.
Host or Join a ConferZoom Conference Call
Host a ConferZoom conference call meeting from your telephone, no need to connect to a computer; settings do need to be established in advance following the instructions below.
The benefits of using ConferZoom for conference calling:
• Hosts and participants connect to the conference call from a land-line or mobile phone.
• Recording playback is available in the hosts’ account within minutes after the call ends.
• Download or share the Audio only (m4a file).
• The recording remains in your ConferZoom account until you choose to delete the file.
• Audio Transcript provides a text file of the conversation – a great tool for eliminating tedious
• Download the Zoom mobile app to your smart phone as an easy option for scheduling, hosting,
or joining a call.
Need to Know...
The Host Key is required for the host to manage audio and record the call. The Meeting ID number is the same for the host and the attendees. The Dial number is a toll call. Toll charges can be avoided by joining the call from the Zoom mobile app on a smart phone using your data plan, or joining from a computer with a mic.
1. Log into your account at ConferZoom.
2. On the left of the screen select Meetings Settings > Recording (tab).
3. Enable 'Cloud' recording.
4. Check all 'Advanced' cloud recording settings.
5. Enable 'Automatic recording – Record in the cloud'.
6. Check 'Host can pause/stop recording in the cloud'.
Schedule a ConferZoom Conference Call
1. Navigate to 'Meetings'.
2. 'Schedule' a New Meeting.
3. Enter the meeting details.
4. In 'Meeting Options' Enable 'Join before host' to allow everyone to join, with or without a Host.
5. Check Record the meeting automatically in the cloud.
6. Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Note: These options can be set as the default for all meeting in Meeting Settings - instructions at the end of this document.
When scheduling is complete, the screen returns with the final details. There are two options for inviting attendees:
1. Option to 'Add to a calendar' when invitees are in the same calendar system.
2. Option to 'Copy the Invitation'.
3. The Dial number and Meeting ID is all that is required to call the conference line.
4. The link allows attendees to join the online room in lieu of using the telephone.
5. Or, use the Zoom app to join by entering the Meeting ID#.
On the Meeting Date
1. Dial into the conference line number and enter the Meeting ID.
2. To be recognized as the Host, enter your Host key when prompted.
The Host Key is found in your Profile at the bottom of the page:
The call is automatically recorded if the setting is selected when scheduling the call. The recording will process after the last person hangs up from the call.
Using the telephone keys, the Host can access call options:
*4 end call
*5 lock call
*6 mute/unmute self
*7 start/stop recording
*# hear number of participants
99 mute/unmute all participants
An email is sent to the host when the recording files are ready, files are also available in your ConferZoom account.
• Navigate to 'Recordings' on the left of the page.
• Locate the meeting, click on 'Files' to view and share the files.
• Click 'Share' to select or change access permissions to view the files.
• Click 'More…' to download all files or delete the recording. Recordings will be stored on the
server for one year; download the file to your computer to retain a copy.
The recording includes three files:
• 'Shared screen with speaker view': An MP4 movie format with the audio transcript file visible in
the audio playback recording. This file is created even if no one signs into the online room.
• Audio Only: Audio played through a media player.
• Audio transcript: A text file of the conversation that can be downloaded.
Recording settings can be set as default to apply to all meetings, or on a per meeting basis. This section shows how to select default settings.
1. Log into the ConferZoom website portal
2. Navigate to 'Meeting Settings' on the left, then the 'Recording' tab.
3. Select to enable/disable preferred recording settings; the blue color indicates enabled status.
4. This example shows the suggested settings for the maximum benefit when using conference