Host a conference call meeting from your telephone without a computer when the appropriate meeting settings are established. This feature only applies when you Schedule a Meeting, it does not apply to Webinars.
- Hosts and participants connect to the conference call from a landline or mobile phone.
- Recording playback is available in host account within minutes after the call ends.
- Download or share the Audio only (M4A file).
- Audio Transcript provides a text file of the conversation with an option to download the file.
- The Dial number is a toll call; toll charges can be avoided by joining the call from a computer or the Zoom mobile app (data rates may apply based on your provider plan).
- Sign into your account on the website portal, update settings prior to scheduling a call.
- Disable Join Before Host to join the call with Host privileges, the option can be changed on a per meeting basis when scheduling the meeting.
- Enable Join Before Host as a default to allow participants to join early or in your absence; you will not be recognized as the Host with no access to the host features described later in this article.
- Go to your Profile page and locate the Host Key at the bottom of the page; the Host Key is required when calling the conference line to host the meeting.
- Enable Cloud recording, check Audio transcript if a text file of the call is required.
- Enable Automatic recording, check Record in the cloud, and Host can pause/stop recording in the cloud.
Schedule a TechConnect Zoom Conference Call
- Navigate to Meetings on the left side of the screen.
- Schedule a Meeting, then enter the meeting details
- In the Audio section, select either Telephone or Both
- In the Options section, enable or disable preferred functions for this call.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
The screen returns with the final details.
Invite attendees using the options:
- Add to a calendar when invitees are in the same calendar system.
- Copy the Invitation and email to attendees.
- Dial number and Meeting ID is all that is required to join the conference line.
- Link allows attendees to join the call using a computer as well as phone.
On the Meeting Date
Dial into the conference line number, enter the Meeting ID and enter the Host key at the prompt.
Host Controls using the phone keypad:
*4 End the meeting for all participants
*5 Lock or Unlock the meeting
*6 Mute or unmute yourself
*7 Start or Stop Recording
*# Hear the number of participants in the meeting
99 Mute or unmute all participants
- Navigate to Recordings on the left of the page.
- Click the Share button to copy the link and select access permissions to the files.
- Click on the Topic to download selected files, as well as copy the shareable link.
- Files include Audio only and Audio transcript which can be downloaded.
Article is closed for comments.