Host or Join a ConferZoom Conference Call
Host a ConferZoom conference call meeting from your telephone, no need to connect to a computer; settings do need to be established in advance following the instructions below.
The benefits of ConferZoom for conference calling:
• Hosts and participants connect to the conference call from a land-line or mobile phone.
• Recording playback is available in the hosts’ account within minutes after the call ends.
• Download or share the Audio only (m4a file).
• The recording remains in your ConferZoom account for one year, or choose to delete the file sooner.
• 'Audio Transcript' provides a text file of the conversation; option to download the file.
• Opton to use the Zoom mobile app for scheduling, hosting, or joining a call.
Need to Know...
The 'Host Key' is required for the host to manage audio and record the call. The 'Meeting ID' number is the same for the host and all attendees. The 'Dia'l number is a toll call; toll charges can be avoided by joining the call from a computer or the Zoom mobile app (data rates may apply based on your provider plan.)
Log into your ConferZoom account at www.conferzoom.org. Enable options on the 'Settings' page to establish the default for all meetings.
1. On the left of the screen select 'Meetings Settings' > 'Recording' then enable the following:
- 'Cloud' recording.
- 'Advanced' cloud recording settings.
- 'Automatic recording – Record in the cloud'.
- 'Host can pause/stop recording in the cloud'.
Schedule a ConferZoom Conference Call
1. Navigate to 'Meetings' on the left side of the screen.
2. 'Schedule a New Meeting'.
3. Enter the meeting details.
4. In the 'Meeting Options' section enable or disable preferred features for this call.
6. Click 'Save' at the bottom of the page.
The screen returns with the final details; invite attendees using the options:
1. 'Add to a calendar' when invitees are in the same calendar system.
2. 'Copy the Invitation' and email to attendees.
3. The 'Dial number' and 'Meeting ID' is all that is required to join the conference line.
4. The link allows attendees to join the call using a computer.
On the Meeting Date
1. Dial into the conference line number and enter the Meeting ID; enter the 'Host key' at the prompt.
The Host Key is at the bottomof the page in your Profile.
3. The 'Host key' is not needed if 'Join before host' is enabled in 'Meeting Settings'.
4. Host Controls From the Phone Keypad
*4 end call
*5 lock call
*6 mute/unmute self
*7 start/stop recording
*# hear number of participants
99 mute/unmute all participants
The recording files process at the end of the call; the host will receive an email with a link to the files. The recording files also resides in your ConferZoom account for one year.
1. Navigate to 'Recordings' on the left of the page.
2. Click the 'Share' button to copy the link, and select access permissions to the files.
3. Click on the 'Topic' of the meeting to downloload selected files, as well as copy the shareable link.
The recording files include:
1. 'Shared screen with speaker view': An MP4 movie format with the audio transcript file visible in
the playback; the file is created even when no one signs into the online room.
2. 'Audio Only': Audio played through a media player.
3. 'Audio transcript': A text file of the conversation that can be downloaded.
Recording settings can be set as default to apply to all meetings, or on a per meeting basis. This section shows how to select default settings.
1. Sign in to your account on the ConferZoom website portal.
2. Navigate to 'Meeting Settings' on the left, then the 'Recording' tab.
3. Select to enable/disable preferred recording settings; the blue color indicates enabled status.
4. This example shows the suggested settings for maximum benefits for a conference call.