Webinar Host - Overview
- A Host has the highest level of control in a Webinar.
- Controls to manage all functions and roles.
- Responsible to assign closed caption input, launch a poll, live stream, and end the Webinar.
Host controls appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Mute/Unmute: Allows the host to mute and unmute your microphone.
- Audio Controls (via the ^ arrow next to mute/unmute): Allow the host to change the microphone and speaker that Zoom is currently using on your computer, leave computer audio, and access the full audio options in the Zoom settings.
- Start/Stop Video: Allows you to start and stop your own video.
- Video Controls (via the ^ arrow next to Start/Stop Video): Select which camera Zoom will use when you have multiple cameras on the computer, access the full video controls, and select a Virtual Background.
- Participants: Opens up the Participants window.
- Q&A: Opens the Question and Answer window.
- Polling: Create, edit, and launch polls.
- Share Screen: Start a screen share selecting desktop or a specific application for sharing.
- Screen Share Controls (via the ^ next to Share Screen): Select who can share in your Webinar, and if you want only the host or panelist to be able to start a new share when someone is sharing.
- Chat: Chat with panelists or all attendees.
- Closed Caption: Only the Host can assign someone to type captions.
Click to view the closed caption window.
- More: Access to additional options.
- End Meeting: End the Webinar for all participants.
Controls During Screen Share
When you are screen sharing, the controls will appear in a moveable bar. It is typically at the top of your screen, but you can drag it around as needed.
- New Share: Start a new screen share without having to first stopping your current screen share. It will replace the screen that you are currently sharing.
- Pause Share: Pause the current share and not show any changes to your screen until you choose Resume Share.
- Annotate: Annotation tool bar opens to use on shared screens.
- Remote Control: Give a co-host or a panelist remote control of your shared screen.
- More: Displays settings including new settings specific to screen sharing.
- Disable/Enable Attendee Annotation: Prevent attendees from being able to annotate on shared screens.
- Hide Video Panel: When you are screen sharing, the video will be in a moveable window. Click the option to hide the video panel:
- Optimize for full-screen video clip: Check the option if you are sharing a video clip in full screen.
- Stop Share: Select this to stop your screen share.