The host of the webinar is the user who the webinar is scheduled under. They have full permission to manage the webinar, panelists, and attendees. There can only be one host of a webinar. The host can stop and start the webinar, mute panelists, stop panelists' videos, remove attendees from the webinar, and more. The host is also the only one in the webinar who can assign someone to type closed captions, start live streaming, and put a panelist on hold.
Host controls appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Mute/Unmute: This allows the host to mute and unmute their microphone.
- Audio Controls (via the ^ arrow next to mute/unmute): Allow the host to change the microphone and speaker that Zoom is currently using on their computer, leave computer audio, and access the full audio options in the Zoom settings.
- Start/Stop Video: This allows the host to start and stop their video.
- Video Controls (via the ^ arrow next to Start/Stop Video): Select which camera Zoom will use when you have multiple cameras on the computer, access the full video controls, and select a Virtual Background.
- Participants: Display the participants' window to change attendee options.
- Attendee tab to manage attendees.
- Panelist tab to view and manage panelists and attendees' options.
- More button next to attendee name to assign a new role, including close caption input.
- More (at the bottom of the participant window): Enable/disable interaction options.
- Chat: Adjust chat settings allowing who can chat.
- Share Screen: Start a screen share by selecting the desktop or a specific application for sharing.
- Screen Share Controls (via the ^ next to Share Screen): Select who can share in your webinar and if you want only the host or panelist to be able to start a new share when someone is sharing.
- Polls/Quizzes: Create, edit, and launch polls and quizzes.
- Record: Record in the cloud or on your local computer, depending on your account recording settings.
- Raise Hand: Allows attendees, panelists, co-hosts, and the host to raise their hand to indicate that they need something from the host, co-host, or other panelists.
- Q&A: Opens the Question-and-Answer window to answer Q&A.
- Live Transcript: Click to assign closed captions or enable the live transcription.
- More: Access to additional options.
- Live on Facebook
- Live on Workplace by Facebook
- Live on YouTube
- Live on Twitch
- Live on Custom Live Streaming Service
- End: End the Webinar for all participants.
Controls During Screen Share
When you are screen sharing, the control bar will be moveable. It is typically at the top of your screen, but you can drag it around as needed.
- New Share: Start a new screen share without having to stop your current screen share. It will replace the screen that you are currently sharing.
- Pause Share: Pause the current share and not show any changes to your screen until you choose Resume Share.
- Annotate: The annotation toolbar opens to use on shared screens.
- Remote Control: Give a co-host or a panelist remote control of your shared screen.
- More: Displays settings including new settings specific to screen sharing.
- Disable/Enable Annotation for Others: Prevent attendees from being able to annotate on shared screens.
- Hide/Show Names of Annotators: If set to show, the participant's name will briefly display beside their annotation.
- Optimize for full-screen video clip: Check the option if you are sharing a video clip on full screen.
- Stop Share: Select this to stop your screen share.