A Webinar license is required before scheduling your event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on obtaining a license.
- Log into the website portal
- Go to 'Meeting Settings' on the left.
- Disable ‘Nonverbal feedback’ to prevent attendees from using emoticons in Chat; hand-raising is disabled during the live event - see article on Host Role.
- If live close captions will be part of the Webinar, we recommend disabling the Audio Transcript feature to avoid creating two text files. The close captions will appear in the recorded view.
- Navigate to Webinars on the left.
- Click Schedule a Webinar.
- Enter the basic event details.
- Require webinar password if you want to require additional details for attendees to join.
- Q&A allows attendees to enter questions, and up-vote previously posted questions; only the Host, Co-Host or Panelists can respond to the questions.
- Practice Session mode allows presenters to prepare while attendees are in a holding area until the presentation is Broadcast.
- Record the Webinar automatically will start the recording when the Broadcast button is clicked to start the Webinar; the recommendation is to record 'In the cloud', you can always download a local copy from the cloud.
Complete the request by clicking the Schedule button. The screen returns with additional options at the bottom, select each tab to edit the options:
The additional setup options appear at the bottom of the screen, each tab offer multiple options.
- Invitations: Invite Panelists, copy attendee invitation, and select registration options. (Refer to the article on Webinar Panelist Role to learn more.)
- Email Settings: Enable automated reminders and follow-up emails to all registrants.
- Branding: Customize the registration email with banner branding and logos.
- Polls: Create polls to launch during the Webinar.
- Q&A: Allow attendees to enter questions and up-vote others questions. The Host, Co-Host, and Panelists can respond privately, or to everyone. This is different from Chat, participants cannot interact with each other. Chat options are available for the Host to allow or disable interactive Chat once the Webinar is started.
- Integration: with Paradot.
- Live Streaming: Requires a Facebook Live, Workplace, or YouTube account.
Alternative Hosts can be added when scheduling the Webinar, or at a later time by editing the Webinar.
- Assigning one or more Alternative Hosts is a great option; an Alternative Host can start the webinar in the event the Host is late or unavailable on the date of the event.
- An Alternative Host becomes a Co-Host when joining the live Webinar.
- The Alternative Host name will also appear in the Panelists list on the scheduled meeting details.
- Read Alternative Hosts / Co-Hosts Role to learn more about these roles in a webinar.