When your class or meeting will offer live closed captions, the Host is responsible to assign a designated individual the ability to enter live captions.
(Note: Review article 'TechConnect Zoom (ConferZoom) Canvas: Live Closed Captions - How to Submit a Request')
1. Click on the 'CC' icon on the toolbar at the bottom on the screen.
2. Open the Participant list to choose the designated person to enter captions, or elect to type
3. I will type opens the caption window, enter text in the bottom section then click enter on your
keyboard to broadcast the text.
4. Open Manage Participants opens the participant list. Click the More button next to the
participant name. In the 'More' menu select Assign to type Closed Caption.
5. Use a 3rd Party CC Service A 3rd party service is joining the meeting as a participant, using
the same meeting URL link as all other participants. When the captioner joins the meeting, the
host will follow the same steps (above) to select the caption participant and Assign to type
The Copy the URL to your clipboard is not required, just share the join URL link with the
captioner prior to the meeting.