The question & answer (Q&A) feature for webinars allows attendees to ask questions during the webinar, and for the panelists, co-hosts, and host to answer their questions.
- Q&A reports generate after the webinar.
- Q&A does not appear in the recording.
- This option can be enabled when scheduling or editing a webinar.
Confirm the Q&A feature is enabled in your account:
Sign in to the Zoom web portal at https://www.conferzoom.org/.
- In the navigation menu, click Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Under the In Meeting (Advanced) section, toggle to enable Q&A in webinar, if it is not already enabled.
Scheduling a Webinar with Q&A:
- Click Webinars in the left navigation menu.
- Click to Schedule a webinar, or click the title of a webinar that's already scheduled.
- Click Edit this Webinar.
- In the Webinar Options section, click the Q&A check box.
- After scheduling the Webinar, view Upcoming Webinars.
- Click on the title of the Webinar.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Q&A tab.
- Click Edit to change settings, then click Save.
- Allow anonymous questions: Participants can send questions without providing their name.
- Allow attendees to view: Choose from answered only, or all questions.
- Attendees can up-vote: Provides a count of attendee votes to a question.
Q&A in a Live Webinar
- An indicator appears on the Q&A icon when a question is received. Host, co-host, or panelist can click Q&A to respond.
- Select a question to answer.
- Answer Live: Verbalize the question and response.
- Type Answer: Text enters the answer, click Send.
- There is the option to "Send Privately" when responding
For complete details on the Webinar Q&A feature, see Zoom's support article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203686015-Using-Q-and-A-as-the-webinar-host.