Available Files Created in a Recording:
Video, Closed Caption, Audio Only, Chat, and Audio Transcript Files
This article provides the steps for accessing and downloading available files from a ConferZoom recording session, as well as how to share recording files with others. The first section is using the website portal, the second section is using Canvas.
When a meeting ends, if the session had live chat or closed captions, a window opens on the host desktop providing the files. The files can be saved from this window, and also be available from the recording as described below.
Locate Recording Files on the ConferZoom Website Portal
1. Sign-in to your ConferZoom account.
2. Click on the meeting Topic or the File Size column to open access the recording files.
3. Click on the file type, then the download arrow icon.
4. Based on your browser settings you may be prompted to choose a location to store your file.
5. In the example, there were live captions provided, the drop-down allows for choosing the Video
(movie file with embedded closed captions) or the closed caption transcript. Both files can be
downloaded by repeating the steps.
6. Continue with the same steps for each file type that you want to download to your desktop.
Share Recording Files
1. Select the recording
2. Click the 'Share' icon on the top right
3. A new window opens with options for sharing and allowing viewers to download the recording.
Note: The option 'Internally (account members only)' will be restricted to only those who have
a ConferZoom account; we do not recommend using this option. An additional layer of privacy
can be achieved by using 'Password protect' for this recording.
4. 'Copy to the clipboard' and paste into an email for sharing.
View Recordings with Chat, Audio Transcript, and Caption Text
When settings are enabled to allow recording chat, audio transcript, and if a captioner is assigned to a live meeting, the text can be viewed in the recording. Tabs will appear on the top right separating the Audio Transcript (text of the conversatons) and the Chat Messages (attendees communicating between themselves via text). Click the 'CC' icon on the bottom of the video to view the live captions which appear synchronously with the conversation.
Locate Recordings Files on the Desktop App
1. Click 'Meetings' on the menu bar
2. Click 'Recorded' tab
3. Select the recording to view, then open. This takes you to your website portal account; follow
the steps above for locating recording files.
Locate Recording Files in Canvas
1. Click on 'Event Recordings'.
2. Click on the 'View Recordings' button.
3. Multiple recording file types are available to download. Caption and Chat files will appear only if
these features were used in a meeting.
- MP4 – Audio, Video, Content, Audio Transcript/Caption opens on a media player
- MP4 (Streaming) - Audio, Video, Content, Audio Transcript/Caption, run on the web
- Transcript – A text file of the conversation
- Transcript (Streaming) Text file of the conversation when viewed on the web
- M4A - Audio only files, open on a media player
- MP4 (Streaming) - Audio, Video, Content, Audio Transcript/Caption, runs on the web
Note: The 'Audio Transcript' is associated to the recording. Click on the ‘CC’ icon to overlay the text onto the video. Text also appears in the chat window when clicking on ‘Audio Transcript’ button.