How to Invite Others to Your Course Session
Instructors often want to schedule an office hour and invite students from more than one section/course to join. You can also invite guest speakers to your course following the same process.
1. Schedule the Event in one course.
2. On the Event calendar locate the meeting, the click the + sign to expand the menu.
3. Click the people icon 'Invite Others'
4. Click 'Get link to copy and paste'.
5. Recording access can be selected at this time. To allow access to the recording after the event, change the default setting to 'Allow recordings of this event to be viewed from this link', then choose your
5. Copy the link to paste in Canvas where you communicate with students outside the course, or post elsewhere. This live link will also provide access to the recording outside of Canvas after the event.
Note: When the link was not shared prior to the event, you can capture the link for sharing the recording. Read the article Share a Recording Link Outside of the Course.