An Alternative Host is someone who can start your meeting with host privileges. For example, if you are late or unavailable at the time of the event, a colleague with a TechConnect Zoom account can start the meeting/webinar. Another example is a tutoring center coordinator who schedules sessions for multiple tutors or instructors. Each tutor can be added as an Alternative Host for the same meeting.
At the time the meeting is scheduled the host can assign one or more Alternative Hosts; each host must reside in the same Master or District TechConnect Zoom account.
Each Alternative Host will receive an email message stating they were added as an Alternative Host, along with a unique link to start or join the meeting or webinar. The event will not appear in the Alternative Host’s account; however, they can join and start the meeting with the meeting link or meeting ID.
Please note: the Alternative Host must be signed into the same Zoom account that was used when creating the Alternative Host link; if the accounts do not match the Alternative Host will enter the meeting as a Guest.
When an Alternative Host starts a meeting, the meeting will follow the Host account limitations and add-ons; for example, if the Host has a Large Meeting 500 license, the meeting will have a 500 participants capacity.
Alternative host limitations
- If the account Host joins late, they are given the option to reclaim Host control from the Alternative Host. When the Host reclaims control, the Alternative Host will be identified as a Co-Host.
- Assigned Alternative Hosts in recurring series cannot be changed on a per meeting basis; all occurrences in the series must be edited to change Alternative Hosts.
- Alternative Hosts cannot schedule meetings for the Host; if scheduling on your behalf is required use Scheduling Privileges.
Schedule a Meeting with an Alternative Host
Sign into your TechConnect Zoom account on the web portal https://www.conferzoom.org/.
- Click Meetings on the left navigation, then Schedule a Meeting on the top right.
- Enter the meeting details.
- Navigate to Options then click Show.
- In the Alternative Hosts field enter the TechConnect Zoom account email address of the Alternative Hosts.
- Optional: Enable Allow alternative hosts to add or edit polls.
- Click Save.
The Alternative Hosts will be listed at the bottom of the Options section in meeting details.
The meeting can be edited to add Alternative hosts prior to the meeting start time.
For complete information on designating an alternative host, see the Zoom article below:
Article is closed for comments.