The roles 'Alternative Host' and 'Co-Host' are synonymous.
When scheduling a ConferZoom meeting you may want to have another ConferZoom member be a Co-Host in your meeting or webinar. An example is i the event of your absence, someone else can run the scheduled presentation, another might be a tutoring center coordinator who schedules for multiple tutors or instructors.
- When scheduling a meeting or webinar, assign a ConferZoom member the role of
Alternative Host on the scheduling form.
- An attendee can be promoted to a Co-Host after the meeting has started.
- If the Alternative Host joins before the Host, they will automatically assume the Host role.
- The scheduling Host can reclaim host controls by going to the Participants list and select ‘Reclaim Host’. The person who they claim the role from will revert to a participant.
- Or, the person with the Host role can assign the Host role back to the intended Host, and
revert to a participant.
- In a Webinar, if the Host is reclaimed (or reassigned), the person leaving the Host role will become a Panelist. The new Host can assign any Panelist a Co-Host role to facilitate managing the participants and starting the recording. If a Panelist starts the recording it will save to their local computer, and will not have the audio transcript or caption files embedded. If the Panelist is assigned a Co-Host role, the recording will go to the cloud along with the associated audio transcript and caption file (when live captions were provided) and be available in the scheduling Host's account.
At the time the meeting is scheduled the Alternate Host will receive an email message stating he/she was added as an Alternative Host, along with a direct link to start or join meeting or webinar. The event will not appear in the Alternate Host’s account so they must use the link, or enter the meeting ID when joining from the desktop app or website page.
Schedule a Meeting with an Alternative Host
Sign-In to your ConferZoom account.
Schedule a Meeting or Webinar:
- In the 'Alternative Hosts' field at the bottom of the screen, enter the ConferZoom account email of the alternate host.
- Multiple hosts can be added, enter a comma with no space between each email address.
- The Alternative Hosts will be listed on the bottom of the meeting details page.
- Alternative hosts can be added at a later time. Edit the meeting, then scroll to the bottom of the page and enter the emails.
- When scheduling a Webinar, the Alternative Hosts will automatically be added as a Panelist as well.
Note: Webinar licenses are requested through email@example.com