The roles 'Alternative Host' and 'Co-Host' are synonymous.
When scheduling a ConferZoom meeting you may want to have another ConferZoom member be a Co-Host in your meeting or webinar. An example is you may be late, or unavailable at the time of the event, a colleague can start the scheduled presentation, Another example is a tutoring center coordinator can schedule sessions for multiple tutors or instructors.
- When scheduling a Meeting or Webinar, assign the role of Alternative Host on the scheduling form to another person if they are to assume the role of the Host in your absence; Alternative Hosts must have a ConferZoom account.
- An attendee can be promoted to a Co-Host after the meeting has started.
- If the Alternative Host joins before the Host, they will automatically assume the Host role.
- The scheduling Host can reclaim host controls by going to the Participants list and select ‘Reclaim Host’. Or, the person with the Host role can assign the Host role back to the intended Host, and revert to a participant. In either scenario, the Host can always assign a Co-Host role to any participant.
- In a Webinar, if the Host is reclaimed (or reassigned), the person leaving the Host role will become a Panelist. The new Host can assign any Panelist a Co-Host role to facilitate managing the participants and starting the recording. For more information about Webinars view the articles located on this site in the Webinar Guide.
At the time the meeting is scheduled the Alternate Host will receive an email message stating he/she was added as an Alternative Host, along with a direct link to start or join meeting or webinar. The event will not appear in the Alternate Host’s account so they must use the link, or enter the meeting ID when joining from the desktop app or website page.
Schedule a Meeting with an Alternative Host
Sign-In to your ConferZoom account.
Schedule a Meeting or Webinar:
- In the 'Alternative Hosts' field at the bottom of the screen, enter the ConferZoom account email of the alternate host.
- The Alternative Host will be listed on the bottom of the meeting details page.
- An Alternative host can be added at a later time. Edit the meeting, then scroll to the bottom of the page and enter the emails.
Note: Webinar licenses are requested through firstname.lastname@example.org