TechConnect funding is not available to provide closed caption services. However, you can bring in your
own caption provider, below are the steps for assigning caption input. Please check with your college for caption provider options, or contact the DECT project at the College of the Canyons to view their scope of caption options.
The Audio Transcript feature creates a caption-like file in the post-recording view. Learn more:
When a captioner is in the meeting, the Host must take the following steps to provide the caption view:
1. Click on the 'CC' icon on the toolbar at the bottom on the screen.
2. Open the Participant list to choose the designated person to enter captions, or elect to type
3. I will type opens the caption window, enter text in the bottom section then click enter on your
keyboard to broadcast the text.
4. Open Manage Participants opens the participant list. Click the More button next to the
participant name. In the 'More' menu select Assign to type Closed Caption.
5. Use a 3rd Party CC Service A 3rd party service is joining the meeting as a participant, using
the same meeting URL link as all other participants. When the captioner joins the meeting, the
host will follow the same steps (above) to select the caption participant and Assign to type
(Please note: TechConnect does not arrange captioning via 3rd party services on your behalf, nor pay for these services. Please check with your college or go directly to the DECT project at the College of the Canyons to view their scope of what they will caption for you.)
The Copy the URL to your clipboard is not required, just share the join URL link with the
captioner prior to the meeting.