Instructors can provide an opportunity for students to connect to TechConnect Zoom (ConferZoom) from Canvas for group work without the instructor present. Students will be able to:
1. Turn on video
2. Use audio
3. Screen share
Change Account Settings
Account settings need to be updated in your TechConnect Zoom (ConferZoom) account to allow students to join a session without the instructor. Be mindful that the settings will apply to all meetings scheduled from within Canvas or outside of Canvas; however, the settings can be updated as often as needed.
1. Sign-In to your TechConnect Zoom (ConferZoom) account.
2. Navigate to 'My Meeting Settings' on the left of the page.
3. On the 'Meetings' tab, scroll down to enable 'Join before host'
Record the Sessions
The instructor can opt to have the student sessions automatically record for later review. When automatic recording is enabled along with 'Join before host', the first person to enter the room starts the automatic recording. Multiple recordings could be created if students connect too early and then log out; only the first recording will download to Canvas. To enable automatic recording:
1. Log into your TechConnect Zoom (ConferZoom) account.
2. On the 'Settings' page select the 'Recording' tab.
3. Enable 'Cloud recording'.
4. Scroll down to enable 'Automatic recording'.
Students cannot record locally unless the instructor is in the meeting to give permission.