TechConnect Zoom (ConferZoom) Video Conferencing service is provided to all employees of the California Community College system through CCC TechConnect, a grant funded project from the California Community College Chancellor's office. This guide will get you started, be sure to view the 'Features' section to learn about the great features available for your TechConnect Zoom (ConferZoom) meetings and classes.
Collaborate with colleagues or provide student instruction in an online environment using web cameras, screen sharing, audio, text chat, and more. Record sessions to the Cloud or your desktop, share links to the recordings or download copies for your personal files. Topics covered in this document:
- SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT
- USING THE WEBSITE PORTAL
- USING THE DESKTOP APP
- OPTIONS AND SETTINGS MENUS
- SCHEDULE AND CONNECT TO MEETINGS
- PERSONAL MEETING ID (PMI)
- SCHEDULE MEETINGS
- VIEW UPCOMING MEETINGS
- JOIN A MEETING AS A PARTICIPANT
- THE MEETING ROOM: TOOLS AND FEATURES OVERVIEW
Video Conferencing also integrates Canvas and other course management systems; if your college does not have this valuable tool, contact us or your Canvas administrator.
Sign Up for a TechConnect Zoom (ConferZoom) Account
Go to the TechConnect Zoom (ConferZoom) website.
- Click the Sign Up button and follow the screen prompts.
- An email to complete the account activation process will arrive within minutes.
- Activate, and your account is ready to use!
Overview of the Website Portal and Desktop App
The first time you use TechConnect Zoom (ConferZoom) Video Conferencing start from a browser to Sign In to access your account. Navigate to the tabs on the left, then go through each tab to view your choices. Take a few minutes to get familiar with all of the available settings and feature options.
Profile: Update your personal information, change your email or your Personal Meeting ID.
Meeting Settings: Click on each tab - 'Meeting', 'Recording', and 'Telephone' to set your preferences.
Meetings: Schedule meetings, start a scheduled meeting, or host an instant meeting.
Recordings: View and share recording files.
Account Profile: The account owner is CCC Confer. Do not click "unassociate and create your own account" - this action will delete your TechConnect Zoom (ConferZoom) account.
Schedule and host meetings, or joining sessions can be done from your website account or the Zoom desktop app.
Desktop App Options and Settings
IMPORTANT...KEEP YOUR DESKTOP APP UPDATED!
See the instructions below on how to stay updated.
The first time you host or join a meeting from your computer, the Zoom desktop app downloads to your desktop - it may appear as a shortcut on your desktop or in your programs. We recommend moving the icon to your desktop or task bar for easy access. You can also download the app in advance of your first TechConnect Zoom (ConferZoom) access.
The app is a convenient way to join a meeting you have been invited to, to schedule your own meeting with general meeting settings and feature behaviors available.
Other features settings can be done from the website. An app for mobile devices is available from the appropriate app store. Open the app and Sign In using your account credentials:
Stay updated with the lastest software version for the best Zoom performance in
your meetings. Check for Updates on a regular basis.
General: Application, content sharing, and instant message options.
Audio: Configure and test audio.
Video: Configure and test video.
Recording: Choose options, store, and manage recordings.
Advanced Features: Access your account on the website portal to edit your profile or change advanced meeting settings.
Statistics: Overall CPU and memory performance.
Accessibility: Font size and keyboard shortcuts.
Using the Website Portal
Schedule a Meeting
Log into your account at TechConnect Zoom (ConferZoom) .
Select 'Meetings', then 'Schedule a New Meeting'.
The schedule form has several options, some can be set as default from the Meeting Settings page., but can also be deselected on an individual meeting request, for example 'Waiting Room'.
After clicking on 'Save' the meeting details will appear. Copy and share the Join URL link, or copy the invitation which includes options for dialing into the conference line.
Create a Meeting Template
After a meeting is scheduled and the screen returns with the details, users can select ‘Save as a Meeting Template’, which appears at the bottom of the screen. emplates can be used to create a new meeting. This cannot be used with Personal Meeting ID (PMI).
Templates will be stored on the ‘Meeting Templates’ page.
Scheduled meetings can be started or deleted. Deleted meetings can be recovered from the
'Upcoming Meetings' page within one week of the deletion.
Using the Desktop App
The app has three options for hosting a meeting:
1. Start With video or Start without video for instant meetings using a unique link
2. Use your Personal Meeting ID - your 24/7/365 persistent link
Schedule Meetings From the Desktop App
1. Click Schedule on the home tab.
2. Choose a date, time and duration.
3. Check Recurring meeting for ongoing meetings with no end date, assigned the same meeting ID.
4. Select options for this meeting.
5. Choose your calendar for posting and sending invitations.
View Upcoming Meetings
1. Click Meetings on the menu bar.
2. Start: Launch the selected meeting room.
3. Edit: Change meeting details and options.
4. Delete: Cancel/delete the meeting from your account.
5. Copy: Copy meeting details and paste in an email to participants.
Note: There is no visible pop-up when you Copy; open your email client, then paste. The details will appear in your email or SMS text ready for sending or adding more of your own comments.
Personal Meeting ID (PMI)
Your Personal Meeting ID, aka, PMI, is a persistent link and Meeting ID available 24/7/365.
Click the Meetings icon on the tool bar to access your PMI options.
1. Start: Use your PMI for an instant meeting, then invite participants while in the meeting.
2. Edit: Change your PMI number, or choose meeting options for the PMI room.
3. Schedule: Invite participants on a specific date/time. Send the invitation through the calendar
options, or copy the invitation to email.
Note: We recommend reserving your PMI for meeting with colleagues; the link is open to anyone who previously used the link, i.e. students.
Join a Meeting
Click the Join button and enter the meeting ID to attend another host's meeting.
The Meeting Room Tools
The meeting room opens with basic choices for starting your meeting.
The Session Toolbar displays available options for your meeting; some features require you to enable
the option in your acocunt, i.e., Polling and Breakout Rooms.
1. Microphone: Mute or Unmute your mic
2. Video: Start or stop your own video
3. Invite: Send an invitation for others to join your meeting. Your email client will open with the inviation
link and phone number.
4. Manage Participants: Opens the Particpant window to view and edit functions of participants.
5. Polls: create and launch a poll. *
6. Share Screen: Launch desktop or individual application sharing. Click ^ for additional options.
7. Chat: Send a private or group chat during the session.
8. Record: Choose to store the recording on the computer, or to the cloud.
9. Closed Caption: Alternative place to assign a captioner, also displays active captions.*
Note: A live caption service must be schedued for the captions to appear.
10. Breakout Rooms: Create sub-rooms, assign participants to rooms. *
11. End Meeting: Leave the meeting, but allow it to continue, or end the meeting for everyone.
Click the Share Screen icon on the task bar; choose to share the entire screen allowing you to move between applications, or choose a specific application to share. Check 'Share computer' sound to play audio from online sources that are stored on your computer. (Audio sources from web based resources
such as You Tube will play based on the end-user's computer audio settings.)
When Sharing is active, a new tool bar appears at the top of the window with additional options. Actions represented by the icons can be used while sharing a desktop or application. The Annotate icon opens a palette of options for emphasizing and highlighting what you are sharing. The …More button expands the options.
The Contacts list displays all TechConnect Zoom (ConferZoom) members in the CCCCO system; create Channels of colleagues you work with, for example, the counselors at your college. Initiate a Chat or start an instant Meeting with a contact or channel. Click Contacts on the home tab to get started.
1. Right click on a name to add them to your Favorites section (top of list) for quick access.
2. Add a Channel to create a group of contacts. Easily initiate a chat, start an instant meeting,
or share files. Choose to keep your group private, or public for anyone to join.
Read this article to 'Contacts - Manage Chat Messages'.