Appointment Booking allows an instructor to offer one-on-one private appointments with students.
The instructor can offer open slots for designated time periods, each open slot appears, and allows for just one reservation. Students can reserve an available appointment; booked appointment slots appearwith the word 'Taken'. Only the teacher will know who has booked the appointment.
Upcoming appointments will appear in the left-hand column. Instructors can also use the calendar to scroll through their online appointments, and click on scheduled appointments for more information.
|Expert Tip for Teachers:
1. Click on the Appointment Booking tab. (This example is in the Agenda view)
2. Click Offer Slots.
3. Select your preferences for appointments including frequency, days, dates, times, duration,
and if you want a break between appointments.
4. The block of available time slots are in yellow, the slot that a student reserves is in green.
Click on the green block to display the student information including the name of the student
and the reason for the appointment. Upcoming appointments will be listed in the left-hand
column. (This example is while in the Day view.)
5. Students click on the 'Book and Appointment with:' in the 'Appointment Booking' tab. On the
drop-down menu they choose the teacher or TA is assigned to the course.
6. If you click on the Appointment Booking block on your calendar you will see only an eraser. This indicates that the appointment block cannot be edited, it can only be deleted. Click on the "+" symbol to the left of the Appointment Book title on the Calendar and click on the eraser icon to delete and begin again.
Q: What happens if the appointment runs over the scheduled time?
A: The meeting will continue without interruption until you end it.
Q: What happens when the next student is ready, and I am in still in the previous appointment?
A: Each appointment connects to a different room. If 'Join Before Host' is enabled in your account
'Settings > Meetings', the student will join the room and wait for you. If 'Join before host' is disabled,
the student will be in a holding area with a notice to wait for the host to start the meeting.
Q: What if I want to edit my Appointment Block?
A: You cannot edit the Appointment Block. You must delete the block and begin again. Click on the "+" symbol to the left of the Appointment Book title on the Calendar and click on the eraser icon to delete and begin again.
Complete instructions for the student are located in the Student Guide.