Zoom Notes provides a dedicated, built-in note taking app, which allows users to quickly capture thoughts and action items during a live meeting, or at any time using the Notes feature in the web portal or desktop app. Notes can be shared with others; previously created Notes are available during the live meeting and can be shared. The Zoom article Getting Started with Zoom Notes provides links to additional articles on the overview topics. Please note the supported languages statement refers to the language of the Zoom platform, which is English for TechConnect accounts.
Prerequisites: Zoom desktop client version 5.15.10 or higher. Learn how to update to the latest version.
Zoom Notes in the Web Portal
Settings for 'Notes' are established in your account on the web portal; Notes can be managed and viewed from your account.
- Click 'Settings' on the left navigation menu, on the horizontal menu select 'Notes', then choose the default settings for 'In-meeting Notes' and 'Note Sharing'.
- Sign into your account, on the left navigation menu se;ect 'Notes'.
- Click on 'All Notes' to select a Note, or choose categories from the tabbed menu.
- Open a Note to edit, click on the text of the note for a the editing tools appear.
- To change a privilege or remove access to a Note, click the 'Share' button on the top right, choose from the drop-down menu to the right of the person. Learn more about user permissions.
- Click 'New' on the top right to create a new Note to be stored, shared at any time, or referred to during a live meeting.
Zoom Notes on the Desktop App
Notes previously created can be accessed on the desktop app, or create new Notes to be shared or used during a live meeting.
Zoom Notes During a Live Meeting
Notes can be accessed during the meeting, or create new Notes while in the meeting. When ready to share a Note, the share settings can be changed by clicking the caret ^ to the right of the Notes icon.