TechConnect Zoom AI-powered Live Transcription
As of February 2, 2021, Live Transcription is now available in all TechConnect Zoom accounts!
Live transcriptions allow participants to read the conversation occurring during a live meeting. The
feature is now enabled in all user accounts.
Note: This is an AI powered service. Click here to read more about closed caption services.
If you are required to use speech-to-text support for any compliance needs in your meetings and webinars, we recommend using a live caption provider who may be able to guarantee a specific accuracy.
All meetings scheduled prior to the new feature will have Live Transcriptions available in your meetings; the host can enable transcriptions during the live meeting. Transcriptions can be viewed by all attendees in English only; and include those that took place prior to joining the meeting. Please be cognizant of this information as the conversations that often take place prior to starting the formal meeting/presentation will be available.
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS: version 5.0.2 or higher.
- Zoom mobile app for Android and iOS: version 5.0.2 or higher.
- ‘Audio Transcript’ must be enabled in your account Recording Settings.
The accuracy of Zoom’s live transcription feature depends on many variables, such as but not limited to:
volume and clarity of the speaker’s voice, background noise, Lexicons and dialects specific to a geography or community.
Prepare for Live Transcriptions
'Audio Transcript' must be enabled in your account for 'Live Transcriptions' to appear in your meetings.
To enable 'Audio Transcript' in your account:
1. Sign into your account on the website portal at www.conferzoom.org
2. Navigate on the left side to ‘Settings’, then select ‘Recording’
3. Scroll down to ‘Advanced cloud recording settings’
4. Check ‘Audio Transcript’
Start Live Transcriptions in a Meeting or Webinar
Only the host can Enable Live Transcript.
1. Enable when you are ready to share the conversations as transcriptions.
2. Click on the ‘Live Transcript’ icon in the meeting controls.
3. Select ‘Enable Auto-Transcription’.
Note: If you choose to ‘Disable Transcription’ after they have started, only the transcriptions that were created while the feature was enabled in the meeting will appear in the recording.
View Live Transcriptions
The host and participants can select their personal viewing preference.
1. Click on the ‘Live Transcript’ icon in meeting controls.
2. Select the ^ to select your viewing preference:
- ‘Show Subtitle’ presents transcriptions at the bottom of the screen. Click the subtitles to drag to another position on screen.
- ‘View Full Transcript’ presents a continuous script on the right panel; ‘Save Transcript’ option is available.
- ‘Subtitle Settings…’ to change the transcription font size; move the slider to the preferred size.
Note: Mobile device users will only be able to view the full transcript.